IN-17034 Food Waste Research Intern
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Food Waste Research Intern.
This internship provides an opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate-level student to learn more about environmental sustainability, specifically food waste and recovery, by working with a team that is focused on researching and identifying global trends and solutions related to food production and consumption. The intern will have the opportunity to atten brown bag learning events on WWF initiatives.
Specific duties will include:
- Conduct research on food waste and recovery across the entire food supply chain
- Provide insight into new technologies and businesses working in the food recovery or waste prevention space
- Data entry and managemen
- Create or contributing to reports and material
- Coordinate with members of the Markets team
- Review relevant literature on organizational/institutional change
- Support survey design and strategy efforts
- Provide logistical and administrative support as needed
- Current undergraduate (juniors or seniors preferred) or graduate student
- Able to commit to 15-20 hours/week for ~3 months;
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills, as well as attention to detail are obligatory;
- Ability to work productively on both independent research assignments and as part of a team;
- Proactive problem-solving and good communication skills (written and verbal) are obligatory;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity to with database research such as Bloomberg terminal is helpful
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of foreign languages (e.g. Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, or Chinese) is a plus.
Location and Time:
Spring 2017 semester: Washington, DC
Unpaid. For all unpaid internships, applicants must be enrolled in school and be able to obtain academic course credit from their university.
How to apply: Please submit a resume & cover letter through our Careers page. https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs/search , IN-17034
* Please note that WWF does not provide VISA sponsorship to interns
Back to top