IN-17019 Hospitality Food Waste Intern
The Markets Institute at WWF is a thought leadership platform committed to identifying global issues and emerging trends that affect the most critical threat to our finite planet - the production and consumption of food. Our goal is to increase the speed and scale of solutions that make a more sustainable future possible. We accomplish this by convening science-based, multi-stakeholder groups to build awareness and consensus around urgent issues and trends, and develop approaches to advance innovation and accelerate change at scale. Using multiple lenses to look at global challenges and laterally connect the dots, we empower partners with insights and documented solutions to avoid risk, stay ahead of the curve, and proactively drive change at the speed of life.
This internship provides an opportunity for a graduate-level student to learn more about environmental sustainability, specifically food waste prevention and recovery, by working with a team that is focused on researching and identifying global solutions related to food production and consumption. The internship will work directly with the Director of Food Waste and with several Hilton locations in New York City to analyze industry data and find best practices to prevent food waste. Special emphasis will be put on implementing food waste measurement and prevention practices across multiple locations.
This position will be 90% on-location at Hilton hotels in New York City, and 10% remote.
Specific duties will include:
- Work on-site with Hilton partners to measure and reduce food waste
- Collaborate with Washington D.C. interns and team on ideas and program implementation
- Report challenges to director of food waste, and suggest solutions
- Some hands-on work measuring food waste in hotel kitchens
- Data entry and management (Excel MS)
- Creating or contributing to reports and materials
- Review relevant literature on organizational/institutional change
- Current graduate student
- Able to commit to 25-35 hours/week for 3 months or more
- Ability to work productively both independently and with hotel chefs and kitchen staff
- Experience in food service and/or hospitality is a plus
- Proactive problem-solving and good communication skills (written and verbal) are obligatory
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity to with database research such as Bloomberg terminal is helpful
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of a foreign language (e.g. Spanish, French, German, or Chinese) is a plus.
- New York, NY
How to apply: Please submit a resume & cover letter through our Careers page.
https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs/search , IN-17019
- Please note that WWF does not provide VISA sponsorship to interns
Back to top