IN - 16104 Safeguards Intern
The Safeguards Unit of the Public Sector Support Department of WWF is seeking a part-time to full time intern for research and analysis. The research and analysis will consider USAID’s approach to compliance. Subject matter will cover many of the issues in which WWF is involved, including biodiversity conservation (e.g., endangered species and habitat protection), natural resource management (e.g., fisheries, forestry and agriculture), climate change, and energy.
- Research & analysis of WWF’s Environment and Social Safeguards Integrated Policies and Procedures and USAID’s Environment (specifically 22 CFR 216 Environmental Compliance Procedures) and Social Compliance Procedures and Gender requirements applicable to all USAID projects.
- Design a list of questions that will be part of screening tool that could be used by USAID project proposal team to identify early project impacts.
- Attend meetings, briefings and CSO coalition meetings on safeguards.
- Prepare general research on relevant safeguards issues.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Interest in conservation and international development issues
- Interest and willingness to learn about USAID’s Environment and Social Compliance systems as well as those of various multilateral banks such as World Bank, AIIB, ADB.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, collaboratively and independently
- Strong interpersonal skills crucial for developing working relationships internally and externally
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Education/Experience: Post graduates preferred, with related background experience in any combination of environmental, international relations and public policy. Work in the non-profit sector is desirable.
Requirements: Only enrolled students are eligible for this internship as you must be able to receive academic credit from your current academic institution.
Unpaid. For all unpaid internships, applicants must be enrolled in school and be able to obtain academic course credit from their university.
How to apply: Please submit a resume & cover letter through our Careers page.
https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs/search , IN-16104
- Please note that WWF does not provide VISA sponsorship to interns
Back to top