Executive Assistant - 17042
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks an Executive Assistant at our Washington, DC office. The Executive Assistant provides confidential administrative support to the Sr. Vice President, Private Sector Engagement, using extensive knowledge of WWF’s policies, organization, and a high level of technical skill. They also operate with considerable independent judgment and initiative, and contributes to the efficient and successful functioning of the department.
- Coordinates and maintains calendar for the executives. Coordinates all aspects of meetings, travel, trainings, and other events. Maintains calendar of executive to optimize time and to facilitate the exchange of information. Monitors deadlines, follow up on delegated tasks, and provide appropriate reminders. Coordinates staff meetings and SMT meetings including preparation of agenda and materials. Coordinates any mailings or other distributions of information from the department, both internally and externally.
- Drafts presentations, letters, memoranda and other materials for staff, inter-department meetings, and outside individuals. Prepares background materials for meetings. Proofreads and edits documents, reports, proposals and presentations. Assists with preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Makes high-level contacts of a complex and confidential nature both inside and outside the organization. Answers complex inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of department procedures. Screens, routes, and answers phone calls and, and responds to routine and non-routine requests with discretion. Attends internal and external meetings as representative of the department and provide appropriate summaries and follow-up.
- Assists with data and background information for budget process. Prepares and reviews expense reports, budget updates, and bills. Collects information and maintains logs, records or lists as needed. Prepares and reviews expense reports and consultant invoices for payment.
- Provides general administrative support, including note taking at meetings, typing, faxing, photocopying, distributing materials, ordering publications, and requisitioning office supplies. Maintains complex files and file record for the department.
- Drafts and finalizes consulting agreements and intra network grant agreements ensuring adherence to policies and procedures and working closely with Program Operations.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Five years of demonstrated and progressively responsible experience in administrative positions, including two years in an executive office.
- High degree of knowledge, competence, and secretarial skills, including good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to operate with considerable independence, take initiative, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Effective writing ability necessary to prepare and edit correspondence and other documents. Excellent interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, tact and diplomacy necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers and visitors.
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment, including computers, fax machines, copiers, and telephone system. Ability to type at least 60 words per minute.
- Please visit our Careers Page, job#17042, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Back to top