Executive Assistant - 16069
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks an Executive Assistant at our Washington, DC office. The Executive Assistant provides confidential administrative support to the executive and one or two other senior team members using extensive knowledge of WWF’s policies, organization, and a high level of technical skill. This position operates with considerable independent judgment and initiative, and contributes to the efficient and successful functioning of the department.
- Coordinates and maintains calendar for the executive. Coordinates all aspects of meetings, travel, trainings, and other events. Monitors deadlines, follow up on delegated tasks, and provide appropriate reminders. Coordinates distribution of information from the department, both internally and externally.
- Makes high-level contacts of a complex and confidential nature both inside and outside the organization. Answers complex inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of department procedures. Screens, routes, and answers phone calls and, and responds to routine and non-routine requests with discretion.
- Organizes, coordinates and attends internal and external meetings for the department and as representative of the department, and provides appropriate summaries and follow-up.
- Drafts letters, memoranda and other materials for staff, inter-department meetings, and outside individuals. Prepares background materials for meetings. Proofreads and edits documents, reports, proposals and presentations. Assists with preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Supports one or two other senior staff on travel, meeting scheduling, special event and other specified needs.
- Assists with expense tracking and coding for the executive and with data and background information for budget process. Prepares and reviews expense reports, budget updates, and bills. Collects information and maintains logs, records or lists as needed.
- Provides general administrative support, including note taking at meetings, typing, faxing, photocopying, distributing materials, ordering publications, and requisitioning office supplies. Maintains complex files and file record for the department.
- Takes initiative to solve problems and trouble shoot and specific needs to enable the smooth administrative functioning of the executive’s office and team.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Five years of demonstrated and progressively responsible experience in administrative positions, including two years in an executive office.
- High degree of knowledge, competence, and secretarial skills, including excellent organizational and analytical skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate with considerable independence, take initiative, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Effective writing ability necessary to prepare and edit correspondence and other documents. Excellent interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, tact and diplomacy necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers and visitors.
- Demonstrated experience with standard administrative software and IT tools (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment, including computers, fax machines, copiers, and telephone system.
- Please visit our Careers Page, job#16069, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Back to top