Events and PC Support Engineer - 17015
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks an Events and PC Support Engineer at our Washington, DC office. This position maintains the organization’s end user computing environment including desktops, laptops, printers and other peripherals. Provides basic software support for standardized software. This is a limited term role(benefit eligible) with an anticipated end date of June 30, 2017.
- Provide primary IT support for events, on and off-premise. This includes IT and AV support, including PowerPoint and multi-media support requests from event planners and attendees.
- Provides primary support for desktop and laptop computers. This includes setup, configuration, troubleshooting and ongoing support.
- Develops and tests optimal laptop and desktop standards in coordination with other Network Services staff. Responsible for creating desktop and laptop images.
- Researches and tests effects of new office-wide applications and desktop operating systems during office-wide rollouts. Analyzes conflicts and researches, tests and develops solutions.
- As a member of the Network Services Support Desk team, provides support to business users needing computing assistance.
- Completes new hire computer setups and moves for users moving into a new office.
- Perform weekly tape backups, monitor jobs over the weekend and perform data restores as necessary. Perform bi-weekly phone system backup.
- Help deploy Microsoft Windows Critical Patches for desktop environment using Altiris Desktop Management Solution.
- Setup and support WWF iphone and blackberry users and other smart devices.
- Provides basic support for phone system, specifically the handsets and voice system account administration.
- Works with Director of Network Services to determine end-user computing environment strategy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- 3+ years experience supporting Windows XP & 7 OS environment
- 3+years experience configuring and troubleshooting laptops, desktops and printers in a network environment.
- Must have advanced knowledge of desktop PC/laptop technologies including networking protocols, device drivers, and application configurations.
- General knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, antivirus software, and other WWF standard desktop applications.
- Experience with tape backup solution is a plus.
- Strong customer service skills. Strong listening skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good communication skills
- Strong documentation skills.
- Organization skills and ability to follow through on all issues
- Strong, methodical troubleshooting skills. Independent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team as well as individually to solve technical problems
- Flexibility and patience when working with non-technical staff in a fast-paced environment
- Please visit our Careers Page, job# 17015, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Back to top