Director, Compensation & Benefits - 16065
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Director, Compensation and Benefits at our Washington, DC office. This position plans, directs, implements, and manages the competitive, equitable, efficient, and compliant operation of all benefit and compensation activities which include, but are not limited to; WWF’s health and welfare plans, job family and compensation structure, performance management, rewards and recognition program, HR Information System (HRIS), and payroll administration.
- Plans, directs, and manages all phases of the organization's compensation program including the job family/pay grade system and salary administration for domestic and field employees, and employees on international assignment.
- Directs the management of the organization's payroll system, HRIS, benefits enrollment system, and international assignment programs.
- Initiates, originates, evaluates, and communicates benefits and compensation policies and practices providing a balanced program throughout the organization. Directs the interpretation and application of established benefits and compensation policies throughout WWF. Continually evaluates all benefits and compensation policies, programs, and practices ensuring WWF remains competitive and informed of new developments and trends.
- Responsible for compliance in the area of compensation and benefits including ACA, FMLA, 403(b), HIPAA, ERISA and Workers Compensation, filing 5500s and other state and federal benefits laws.
- Drives annual salary administration process with HR department colleagues to ensure smooth process for annual increases and bonuses. Reviews off-cycle recommendations for promotions and market or equity increases. Evaluates jobs and provides market data as appropriate.
- Prepares annual budget and operating strategy for benefits, compensation, payroll/HRIS and international assignment programs.
- Provides guidance, consultation and recommendations to HR Business Partners, Recruiters, and staff on internal compensation and benefits matters. Prepares analysis and reports as needed.
- Oversees the employee benefit enrollment process as well as the delivery of compensation and benefits communication materials and education to ensure employee understanding and efficient utilization of available programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned and plays an active role in the successful operation of the Human Resources Department efforts.
- A Bachelor's degree is required
- CEBS & CCP certification is preferred
- 10 years of benefits and compensation management experience with demonstrated success in developing, implementing, and managing compensation and benefits programs is required. Must also have 5 years’ experience managing a team.
- Excellent organizational skills with particular emphasis on the ability to set, manage, and meet a multitude of deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an aptitude for problem-solving, decision-making, and details.
- An extensive and thorough working knowledge of appropriate laws and regulations is required.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #16065
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Back to top