AP Associate Specialist - 17008
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks an AP Associate Specialist at our Washington, DC office. The position is responsible for processing WWF payment requests and invoices in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. Daily interaction with WWF’S accounting applications such as Oracle, Markview, third party financial applications and other potential accounting resources. Acts as the liaison with internal and external business users to review and process payment requests and invoices, respond to questions, analyze questionable payment support and present potential resolutions to discrepancies and/or mistakes, based on generally accepted accounting principles in the United States and organizational policies. This is a limited term role(benefits eligible) with a projected end date of June 30, 2017.
1. Review and process payment requests and invoices ensuring that requests are processed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
2. Apply general accounting principles for managing stop payments, voids and/or the re-issuance of checks and electronic payments. Work closely with the Account Analyst and Compliance Accountant to identify problem situations that appear in our AP bank account and within the accounting workflow and ledgers.
3. Monitor and resolve JP Morgan E-serve identified problems. Communicates timely and effectively the resolution of payment discrepancies (check and EFT) within the account payables area.
4. Reconcile all supplier statements to paid or unpaid invoices using resources such as the AP Trial Balance Report, aging reports, etc. Close out all open supplier issues or escalate difficult problems to the supervisor.
5. Prepares the daily cash flow status sheet and distributes it to the identified persons
6. Setup agreement numbers, within the Oracle Financial accounting application, for PTS and non-PTS suppliers
7. Review and process the Corporate Credit Card resolution queue as needed.
8. Support the preparation of the 1099 reports and external audit schedules, IRS responses and other analytical output.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor's in Accounting or a Business related curriculum with at least 3 years of account payables / accounting experience and demonstrated organizational and analytical skills.
• Oracle Financial software or other financial application experience is required.
• Must be experienced and knowledgeable of accounting cut-off periods, electronic payment protocols, and other standard AP procedures.
• Attention to detail and ability to work accurately under time constraints is essential
• Excellent accounting and communication skills
• Ability to work well independently, as well as to function effectively as a team member
• High degree of initiative and flexibility to successfully accommodate deadlines.
• Able to quickly comprehend issues and problem-solve situations.
• Knowledge of electronic spreadsheets and other accounting software.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #17008
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Back to top