Are you ready to solve real user problems in one of the most interesting industries for some of the fastest-growing markets? Are you hell-bent on validating and debunking assumptions based on real customer insights? Do you thrive on collaborating with people with strong opinions across different functions to get to the best solution?
World First are looking for an experienced UX Researcher to join their expanding Product and UX team. Reporting to the UX Manager and working alongside UX Designers, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Engineers, you will, first and foremost, be a team player who understands the value of collaboration over performing
research in a vacuum.
Your research plans will be built upon business and customer requirements that focus on solving real problems for our internal and external end-users. As such, your primary objectives will be to validate or invalidate assumptions and provide key customer insights and data that will empower the team to devise appropriate solutions backed by solid evidence. You also understand that upfront research is not always the answer so you know when to step back and put your skills to use in product ideation sessions and user-testing crude prototypes.
Our ambition is to create a team of specialists who understand and can work across the full spectrum of UX, from discovery right down to A/B testing and monitoring metrics on feature releases, so you will be expected to demonstrate an ability and a will to expand your knowledge and skills to go beyond your area of expertise whilst remaining the go-to person for UX research.
- Create research plans to assist the Product function in validating/invalidating features and ideas
- Use a range of methods such as customer interviews and surveys, diary studies, focus groups, concept and usability tests, card sorts and tree tests, funnel analysis, A/B testing, empathy maps and personas, customer journey mapping, etc…
- Articulate research outcomes to the wider team and turn them into actionable steps
- Use your research findings to actively participate in discovery sessions and discussions
- Revive, grow and maintain our customer panel
- Participate in recruitment activities for user research
- Work with Marketing and Product teams to identify research topics
- Communicate and share knowledge with the wider team
- Mentor less-experienced members of the UX team
- 3+ years UX research experience
- Proven experience in using a variety of UX research methodologies and approaches in the right context
- Ability to demonstrate how your research influenced the outcome of a new product or feature request
- Proven experience of techniques used to build and maintain a customer panel
- Solid understanding of interaction design
- Exposure to and a good understanding of Agile practices
- Strong team player
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Degree or equivalent qualification
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, private health cover, enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst, annual volunteer day
- Perks, including; birthday day-off, season ticket loan, free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties – and more!
Also please check out our website to find out more about what we do here at WorldFirst.
Back to top