World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly-growing, fun-loving international payments company and we are looking to hire a Technical Writer
World First runs a completely in-house IT team consisting of ~90 talented people and growing.
We cover all areas of support, systems, websites, front and back end applications and we are passionate about producing great quality systems and software to drive our business forward.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will work collaboratively with developers, quality assurance analysts, product managers, project managers, and business analysts to make our external products and internal services/applications easier to use and maintain. The documentation you produce will assist not only with making things easier for our customers and technical partners but also with increasing the efficiency and throughput of the development team, and the on-boarding of new staff.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of our products, services, and their documentation requirements
- Create, maintain, and own the information architecture
- Analyse existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and diagrams
What you need to have:
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation, including API documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- The ability to create, assimilate, and convey technical material in a concise and effective manner
- Excellent written skills in English
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent people skills
You will also benefit from:
- An awareness of Agile development principles
- Experience of database documentation
- A pro-active self-starter with fantastic organisational skills
- A person who takes responsibility
- Someone who will thrive in an Agile environment
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top