Technical Operations Analyst
We’re WorldFirst, experts in moving money around the world. As a fast growing FinTech business, we specialise in making foreign exchange simple, fast and fuss-free for people and businesses with global ambitions. By combining best in-class technology with award-winning customer service, we’ve helped over 120,000 people, small businesses and online sellers transfer over £60bn since we launched in 2004. We are looking for a Technical Operations Analyst to join our Technical Operations team.
The team is responsible for counterparty bank integration, BAU operational ownership of client ledgers & agency accounts, and oversight of key internal systems. The successful candidate will help design, develop and maintain robust processes and systems to support and enhance World First’s internal ledger from an operational perspective. Aid in the integration and end-to-end testing of new payment systems and account solutions, also and assist in the operational maintenance and development of key global payments infrastructure, from a business standpoint.
- Owner of the client ledgers from an operational standpoint, ensuring the integrity of our processes and ensuring active and well-functioning controls
- Ability to own ledger related incidents, from detection to resolution, communicating with all stakeholders, adhering to clear defined deadlines
- Build and enhance ledger maintenance processes
- Working extensively with the Treasury and Reconciliations team on breaks
- Regularly partnering with IT to resolve issues and improve processes
- Building out documentation and procedures relating to ledgers
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels
- Investigate and resolve all errors relating to message formatting and message delivery
- Assist with implementing technical connectivity solutions for new banking partners
- Design, Develop and Implement robust processes, systems and technology to support and enhance financial messaging operations
- Aid with on-boarding third parties, FIs, and banking partners
- Create, develop and implement end-to-end testing of all new payment solutions
- Keep up-to-date with all SWIFT updates and ensure WF has readily prepared for any standards releases.
- Analyse connectivity options with banking partners and other third parties to ensure we are using the most robust solution. (SWIFT, H2H, API etc)
- Be the subject matter expert for all things SWIFT
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to research and analyse message mapping issues and work with third parties to provide resolution during UAT and Production
Global Payment Infrastructure:
- Assist the Technical Operations Manager in the maintenance and development of key infrastructure such as STP systems
- Partner with stakeholders locally and globally to ensure all requirements are captured when developing or changing systems
- Work with IT team to ensure systems are future proof
- Good understanding of reconciliation processes
- Knowledge of UK and international payment systems (CHAPS, BACS, SWIFT)
- Understanding of messaging formats, including NACHA, FIN, FileAct and CFONB
- An understanding of UK retail banking and relevant regulations
- Sound knowledge around AML and compliance
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment to strict deadlines, prioritising effectively
- Strong analytical skills, in particular the ability to draw logical conclusions from a range of diverse source materials and present them in a clear and engaging way.
- Experience of developing and improving systems, processes and controls
- Passionate about ensuring that work is completed to a high quality standard.
- Collaborative and supportive with the team and colleagues across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed.
- The gravitas and relationship skills to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that WorldFirst helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top