Talent Acquisition Partner - Technology
Hello, we’re WorldFirst. We specialise in making international money transfer faster, simpler and cheaper for people and businesses with global ambitions. Our clients never stop. And neither do we. To support us on our journey we’re looking to hire a Talent Acquisition Partner.
This role is to lead the talent acquisition activity for our Technology functions, providing a best-in-class candidate experience for technical hires (IT, Project Management, Product, Continuous Improvement) for our UK tech hub and working to enhance our brand awareness within the tech community.
Reporting into the Head of Talent Acquisition, you will join a global Talent Acquisition team (2 in the UK, 1 in Hong Kong) and collaborate with a transforming technology department (c. 150 employees in London and Hong Kong). At World First, it is our people who are our strength and so we’ve put them at the heart of our working model for tech. Our technology hub is set up for agile working and our Development teams operate a totally collaborative squad model. As Talent Acquisition Partner to the tech functions at World First, you will embrace this way of working.
- Partner our tech hiring managers to fully understand and advise around their hiring requirements. Offer recommendations based on your talent market understanding.
- Manage full-cycle recruitment process with a view to improve recruitment metrics, achieving 75% direct recruitment and delivering forecasted hires within budget and in a timely manner.
- Provide a best-in-class candidate experience; act as an advisor to candidates within the process, providing an authentic view on World First and our opportunities, ensuring all candidates receive a consistently excellent experience and encourage referrals and positive word of mouth.
- Resource for all roles in your hiring group using direct channels wherever possible, including but not exclusively; advertising, social media, LinkedIn, headhunting, referral schemes, community forums, events. Manage agency suppliers effectively when required as an additional channel.
- Assess candidates through CV screening and telephone/Skype interview stages, and represent the Talent Acquisition function in face-to-face interviewing as a valued contributor to the process.
- Coordinate any further interview and testing stages within the recruitment process.
- Deliver constructive and relevant feedback to candidates via phone where possible and emphasise the importance of quality feedback to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process.
- Manage offer process including negotiations, collaborating with hiring managers to do so.
- Record all recruitment data for your hiring groups and assist with monthly reporting to Management when required. Produce quarterly market summaries on your hiring group, as well as market data/research as requested.
- Manage all contract production for your hiring group, and coordinating any relocation processes, including visa processes, for new hires.
- Continuously develop and maintain relevant candidate pools for current and future hiring requirements, utilising headcount forecasts to determine key volume hires or niche technical roles where the talent pool is narrow and headhunting is required. Attend networking events that are industry specific to increase brand awareness within relevant talent communities.
- Identify and put forward business cases for relevant recruitment events/sponsorship opportunities annually. Think creatively about new opportunities to promote the World First employer brand.
- Assist the Head of Talent Acquisition and broader HR team in researching, developing and delivering new talent building solutions for technical hires. Lead this activity for the tech functions.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Talent Acquisition and broader HR function, gaining a thorough understanding of the wider team and their specialisms in order to provide a streamlined service to any incoming requests or queries from internal or external stakeholders wherever possible.
- A tech enthusiast, willing to immerse yourself into our technology functions and the broader market to increase our recruiting capability for tech talent.
- Previous experience recruiting all levels of tech hires is essential, a focus on Development is beneficial (PHP, Java exposure would be beneficial but not essential)
- Able to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and to act as a trusted partner on recruitment activities, talent acquisition trends and market competition.
- Strong record of recruitment delivery; able to manage multiple recruitment processes, prioritising effectively and maintaining exceptional organisational skills to deliver hires in a timely manner.
- Confident presentation and interviewing skills, with an understanding of fair, relevant and up-to-date assessment methods.
- Results orientated with a desire to continuously improve and build upon key individual recruitment metrics, contributing to overall Talent Acquisition function objectives.
- Up to date with resourcing techniques and channels specific to tech hiring to enable effective headhunting of passive candidates.
- Proactive networker with the ability to initiate and develop connections within relevant talent communities.
- Exceptionally service driven and a World First brand ambassador, providing a best-in-class candidate experience.
- Actively engaged with the recruitment industry and forthcoming with ideas for improvements and change within the function.
- Awareness of key risks in relation to the end to end recruitment process, including the implication of key employment legislation and pre-employment vetting, application handling and visa issues.
- Culturally aware and thoughtful about diversity and inclusion as part of the recruitment and talent building process.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance based bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off, volunteer day annually, plus 3 ‘life event’ days throughout your time at World First
- Pension, private healthcare, enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave
- Cycle-to-work scheme, season ticket loan, corporate retail and gym discounts
- Company parties, Friday drinks fridge, and a Culture team who organise everything from Ping Pong nights to tickets to the 20:20 cricket!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Lucy works alongside global marketplace sellers to help scale their businesses and enable them to move funds around the world through secure payment solutions that match individual needs.
Back to top