Strategic Planning Manager - Asia
As part of World First’s continued growth, we are looking to expand our presence and operations globally. As such, we are looking for an experienced International Expansion Manager to execute World First’s international development plan in Asia. The objective of this role is to enable World First’s expansion in key Asian markets through regulatory licensing, strategic partnerships and/or acquisitions. The role requires a mix of both financial services experience plus strategic implementation, regulatory and sales ability.
This new and unique role reports to the Head of International Development - Asia and is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in the continued international expansion of our organisation. The successful post holder will need to have a strategic mind, think laterally and build long-term relationships with regulators and strategic partners. This role provides a unique career opportunity for a determined and experienced professional to make a considerable contribution to the Asian expansion of our business with the potential continue to grow and expand their career with that expansion.
Execute the international development strategy enabling World First to operate legitimately in country. Expansion approach may vary by country but will include some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Analysing relevant business processes and understanding requirements for expansion, including technical, regulatory, legal, financial, operational, people, marketing, etc. Work with the Project Delivery team to produce detailed action plan and ensure successful implementation
- Regulatory license applications – liaise with compliance, legal and external firm (consultancy and/or legal) to prepare and submit application to secure appropriate license for World First’s operations in country
- Liaising with public affairs and PR firm to educate and influence key stakeholders in targeted markets ensuring messages and material are in-line with World First’s brand, integrity and strategy
- Identifying potential partnership opportunities to enable and/or maximise market entry and collaborate with partnerships sales, compliance, legal and operations as appropriate
- Working closely with legal and compliance to ensure World First’s new operation meets all regulatory and legal requirements
- Liaising with Marketing regarding launch including channels and message
- Liaising with operations, payments, middle office to ensure capacity & operational efficiency
Skills and competencies:
- Good English and native/ fluent in Chinese or Thai
- Degree holder with 5+ years of experience in M&A/ Corporate Finance/ Product/ Strategic Partnerships experience
- Bank, non-bank financial institution, fintech
- Regulatory engagement
- Setting up and managing strategic partnerships/JVs
- A strategic thinker with strong stakeholder management abilities
- Organisational and project management skills
- Highly detailed orientated with a holistic view
What we offer:
- An international and talented team of co-workers
- Excellent benefits package including annual performance-based bonus and health cover
- Company perks include: free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, relaxed dress code, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day, and more!
Please send us your cover letter together with your CV in Word format.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top