Software (PHP) Developer
Hello. We’re World First and we’re a bit different from the rest…
We’re not your typical financial services company. As a matter of fact, we pride ourselves in being different. We are the UK’s fastest growing foreign exchange specialist and we make moving money around the world faster, easier, safer and just all-round better.
We have awesome relationships with our thousands of customers, as well as with our suppliers, partners and colleagues. It is – and always has been – people first.
You’ll love our culture and passion, and we can’t wait to have you on board.
The PHP developers at World First build a wide range of applications that include our online foreign exchange (FX) trading platform, an API powering our mobile apps, a back office system for managing trades, making payments, handling compliance events, and a market automation platform. Our talented and innovative IT team has helped the company continue to be one of the fastest growing UK foreign exchange specialists.
On all teams we have both new and existing projects, meaning you won't be writing your code once and forgetting about it; you'll continue to maintain it, as will the rest of the team. This makes us careful about how we build things.
We expect the following foundational knowledge:
- 5 years of experience in object oriented PHP5 coding with proper design patterns (please don't mention singletons)
- At least one MVC framework (we currently use Zend, Symfony2, Silex and we are open to other framework experience)
- Version control, preferably distributed (e.g. git, which is what we use)
- Good working knowledge of the Linux CLI
Anything from the next list will help you knock our socks off:
- Domain driven design
- SOA and microservices
- SOLID principles
- Message queues
- An ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Proven skill in developing and managing maintainable code-bases
- Knowledge and experience of cross-browser issues
- Experience of working in an environment where products have to be delivered to specific time-scales
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills in order to work to challenging deadlines
- Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code which was developed by others
What we offer:
- An excellent benefits package including annual performance-based bonus and health cover
- Free breakfast, fruits and hot drinks
- Relaxed dress code
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top