Software (PHP) Developer
Hello. We’re World First and we’re a bit different from the rest…
We’re not your typical financial services company. As a matter of fact, we pride ourselves in being different. We are the UK’s fastest growing foreign exchange specialist and we make moving money around the world faster, easier, safer and just all-round better.
We have awesome relationships with our thousands of customers, as well as with our suppliers, partners and colleagues. It is – and always has been – people first.
You’ll love our culture and passion, and we can’t wait to have you on board.
- Experience in object oriented PHP5 coding with proper design patterns (please don't mention singletons)
- At least one MVC framework (we currently use Zend, Symfony2, Silex and we are open to other framework experience)
- Version control, preferably distributed (e.g. git, which is what we use)
- Good working knowledge of the Linux CLI
- SOA, API and microservices
- Test automation
- Domain driven design
- SOLID principles
- Message queues
- Experience of both challenging where there is a belief of better option and also accepting others views
- Are able to communicate using both technical and non-technical language to share knowledge
- Have spent time in a team environment working in Agile (Scrum/Kanban)
- A relentless understanding that all squad output should benefit both user and the business
- An ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Proven skill in developing and managing maintainable code-bases
- Knowledge and experience of cross-browser issues
- Experience of working in an environment where products have to be delivered to specific time-scales
- Self-motivated with good organisational skills in order to work to challenging deadlines
- Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code which was developed by others
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including annual performance-based bonus and health cover
- Learning and development opportunities
- Open, friendly, fun-loving international working environment
- Free breakfast, relaxed dress code, holiday options, family leave, Volunteer day, and more!
To find out more about what it's like to work with World First or more job opportunities, please visit our website at www.worldfirst.com/en-hk/careers
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Lucy works alongside global marketplace sellers to help scale their businesses and enable them to move funds around the world through secure payment solutions that match individual needs.
Back to top