Senior Project Manager
Our project managers play a key role in the implementation and realisation of World First’s strategy. We are a driven and high-performing team, committed to delivering value across the business. We are proud to say that we don’t tie ourselves to a particular project methodology, instead encouraging project managers to draw on their experience, industry knowledge and personal “toolkit” to find a best-fit approach for delivering each project – you won’t find unnecessary red-tape here! This is an opportunity to work with a motivated and dynamic team to help shape the future of project management at World First.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be passionate about managing change and will excel at delivering it. You will have responsibility for the delivery of multiple large-scale external and internal projects, ensuring that timescales, scope and stakeholder expectations are managed effectively
Your role will encompass all aspects of the delivery including the people, process and technology streams of work.
- Deliver crucial regulatory projects within our Compliance department - including the implementation of MiFID II and PSD2
- Manage all aspects of project delivery including people, process and technology
- Manage the core project areas of scope, time, cost and quality to ensure project outputs meet expectations
- Line management of up to five Project Managers
- Conduct project evaluations across our portfolio, to ensure that we continuously develop and act on trends
- Produce accurate and detailed documentation for the project – review and refine core project documents as per the World First project methodology
- Work closely with the Head of Project Delivery to ensure all team members are working within the World First project methodology
- Experience delivering Regulatory projects in an FCA regulated organisation
- Able to quickly understand complex regulations and ascertain their high level business impact
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience and understanding of delivering people and process change
- Extensive project management experience across a range of projects, products and principles - experience working with both Waterfall and Agile would be advantageous
- Exceptional leadership skills – persuasive, motivational, influential and credible
- Experience in mentoring and managing other Project Managers
- A strong team player with an ability to build relationships quickly
- The ability to adapt to change in a delivery focused fast-growth FinTech business
- PMP or Prince2 Practitioner certified
- Line management experience
- Experience working with both Waterfall and Agile development teams to deliver regulatory projects
In return we’ll give you:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover
- Fun working environment based in central London
- World Perks: season ticket loan, free breakfast, childcare vouchers, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, tri-annual company parties - and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that World First helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top