Senior New Product Owner
We are looking for an experienced Product Management professional who lives to identify, prioritise and deliver new products, thrives in a fast pace, collaborative environment and loves technology.
This role is to identify, prioritise and develop new products to deliver to World First customers globally.
The New Product Owner will be based in London and part of a global team responsible for the development and implementation of new products for World First. They will report into the Head of New Product based in London.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Identifying new product opportunities in Europe
- Financial modelling of potential opportunities
- Maintaining an up to date Product Roadmap
- Coordinating with peers based overseas
- Negotiating with potential partners
- Wireframing and writing of user stories to be used by technical teams to build new product
- Prioritising features and build phasing
- Coordination with cross functional teams – including tech, commercial, compliance, marketing, finance
- Working closely with the Core Product Team to communicate and understand the impact of new product changes and jointly prioritise where required
- Once operational, handover of new product partners to operational teams
- Communicating with senior stakeholders across the business
- Tracking innovation in fintech in Europe including identifying areas for further research
- Representing World First at fintech and innovation events
- Extensive product management and/or product owner experience in a fast paced agile development team
- Experience and strong understanding of either card management or trade finance
- Strong analytical and financial modelling experience
- Strong experience in negotiation of commercial contracts
- Knowledge of agile/lean principles but also the flexibility to adapt and learn
- Experience of working directly with development teams
- Experience of working in a business during a transformational period
- Experience of working with a programme of products to deliver
- A passion for user experience
- Inquisitive, problem solving mind
- Results orientated – proven ability to deliver results to deadlines
- An understanding of, and interest in, the World First sector, the payments / FX market and its competitors.
- Commercial awareness of specific or multiple World First products or services.
- A strong understanding of users, the market place and of future trends for Payments / FX.
- An understanding of project management techniques and methodologies
- Self-starter who can work independently but also managing multiple and senior stakeholders.
- A strong team player with an ability to build relationships quickly.
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Education – degree or equivalent qualification
- Ability to travel globally
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package, including; discretionary annual bonus, season ticket loan, company pension scheme and health cover
- Company perks including; free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day, corporate gym discount available, corporate retail discounts and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top