Senior Manager – Balance Sheet Controller
Hello, we’re WorldFirst. We specialise in making international money transfer faster, simpler and cheaper for people and businesses with global ambitions. Our clients never stop. And neither do we. To support us on our journey we’re looking to hire a Senior Manager.
The World First Finance department is looking to strengthen its systems, processes and team knowledge to ensure we keep up with the Group’s rapid growth. To help upgrade and improve the firm’s financial control and consolidation capability, the need for a Senior Manager – Balance Sheet Controller has been identified. This senior hire will report to the Group Financial Controller, and must be able to support him in:
- Legal entity reporting for a rapidly growing International Group, including a strong understanding of international accounting standards;
- Development, management and understanding of the month-end reporting and control environment.
- Recruitment, development and management of accounting staff - both direct reports and sharing knowledge with the wider team;
This is a key new role for the Finance department to help develop and enhance the reporting and control environment for World First, and to take us to a first-class finance function.
Development, management and understanding of the month-end reporting and control environment
- Develop and implement a monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations process, with an emphasis on understanding risks and estimates within numbers.
- Manage all Group recharges and transfer pricing adjustments.
- Develop and implement a settlement process for intercompany balances.
- Enhance the production and reporting of MtM valuations of derivatives and CVA calculations
- Working with Treasury to develop a foreign currency sell-down process.
- Enhance revenue reporting and reporting of operational risk events and monitoring of bad and doubtful debts.
- Management of the Front Office to Back Office data flows to support the improved automation to Workday (GL)
- Reduce the current month-end reporting cycle from weeks to days
Recruitment, development and management of accounting staff
- Recruiting where needed, develop and mentor the Financial Control and Consolidation team.
- Manage and develop both ACCA trainee staff, as well as qualified team members.
- Be open and share knowledge within both the accounting function and wider business.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller in any additional projects and ad-hoc requests.
- Maintain a friendly and open team attitude that encourages all other employees to approach the Accounting team and wider Finance department with queries or concerns to ensure the continual improvement of the business as experienced by employees and clients.
- Identity and implement continual improvements to processes.
Competencies / Requirements:
- Qualified accountant - preferably ACA or equivalent
- Strong technical experience of international multi-currency consolidations under IFRS.
- Experience in working in a financial services or regulated environment.
- Understand what a good control environment looks like within a finance function, and how to develop and manage this.
- Experience of end-to-end process flows and data quality management of FX or volume payments processes
- Experience of end-user computing environments
- Management experience.
- Well organised and can work under pressure.
- Big Four experience.
- Experience of international groups or working in an international role.
- Previous experience of developing and improving teams.
- Willingness to travel. There is likely to be need to occasionally visit our international offices, plus for the right person their might be the potential to be seconded to other offices.
Nice to haves but not vital:
- Experience of Workday
Pay, benefits and perks!
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover, annual season ticket loan, retailer discounts, cycle-to-work and more!
- A fun working environment based in central London
- An international and talented team of co-workers
- Free breakfast, free massages, Friday beer fridge, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Lucy works alongside global marketplace sellers to help scale their businesses and enable them to move funds around the world through secure payment solutions that match individual needs.
Back to top