Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Hello. We’re World First and we’re a bit different from the rest…
We’re not your typical financial services company. As a matter of fact, we pride ourselves in being different. We are the UK’s fastest growing foreign exchange specialist and we make moving money around the world faster, easier, safer and just all-round better.
We have awesome relationships with our thousands of customers, as well as with our suppliers, partners and colleagues. It is – and always has been – people first.
You’ll love our culture and passion, and we can’t wait to have you on board.
We are hiring a Senior Linux Systems Administrator to continue to support our IT Team empower World First as we continue to be one of the fastest growing UK foreign exchange specialists.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Maintain our On-Premise and Co-located Server Infrastructure
- Play a key role within the design of new systems
- Manage our production web infrastructure, including our public websites
- Support our Developers and development infrastructure
- Drive ways to improve system scalability, performance and reliability
- Be responsible for backup, disaster recovery, security, and monitoring procedures
- Keep up to date with new technologies and analyse their possible use within World First
- Document system design and procedures
- Ensure we meet all compliance and regulatory requirements
- Mentoring and developing junior staff
- Be the person where the toughest problems go to die
- Be able to stand in for team lead in meetings, or during holiday
- Significant Linux Sys Admin skills with at least 3 years and 3rdline support experience
- Good experience supporting websites using the LAMP stack
- Experience with the following technologies:
- DNS (Bind, PowerDNS)
- Docker & Kubernetes
- LDAP and Kerberos
- Nagios or CheckMK
- MySQL (Percona/Galera/Maxscale)
- Bash, Shell, PHP, Python
- Managing code via Git
- HA configuration (Corosync, CMAN, Pacemaker)
- Logstash and Elasticsearch
- Nginx, Apache, PHP FPM, and HAproxy
- VMware VSphere 6.5 (inc VCentre)
- HP VSA – or other virtual SAN technology(ISCSI presentation)
- Atlassian Suite management(jira, confluence, Bamboo etc)
- CDN and WAF (cloudflare, zenedge, Akamai etc)
- AWS tooling (terraform, packer etc)
- Experience working with developers in a devops environment
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
In addition to the above technical skills, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate with tech and non-tech team members equally well.
- Understanding of core networking concepts like network design, firewalls, Reverse Proxies, TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, VPNs, NAT
- SDN knowledge (NSX)
- Project delivery/management experience
- Palo Alto firewall experience
In return we’ll give you:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover
- World Perks: season ticket loan, free breakfast, childcare vouchers, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, tri-annual company parties - and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Lucy works alongside global marketplace sellers to help scale their businesses and enable them to move funds around the world through secure payment solutions that match individual needs.
Back to top