Senior Java Developer
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly-growing, fun-loving international payments company and we are looking to hire Senior Java Developers.
World First runs a completely in-house IT team consisting of ~90 talented people and growing.
We cover all areas of support, systems, websites, front and back end applications and we are passionate about producing great quality systems and software to drive our business forward.
You will have the opportunity to work on green field projects with a growing cross functional team and in a highly collaborative Agile environment.
This Senior role involves directly contributing to shape team coding best practices, functional and non-functional automated testing practices, deployment automation, alongside with analysis and regular development activities.
- Participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle, from initial analysis to implementation and post launch maintenance.
- Produce quality code according to best practices and design patterns
- Contribute to key high level design decisions and detailed design and implementation
- Proactively suggest new technologies and practices to promote innovation.
- Collaborate with other software teams across the organisation to understand dependencies and share knowledge
- Coach, mentor and support other members of the team
- Participate to peer-to-peer code reviews
- Communicate efficiently with the team, management and various levels to improve the quality of the technical deliverables.
You need experience with:
- Java 7 or 8 (preferred)
- Spring (Framework, Boot, Data, Batch, Security)
- Experience with working on Event Driven Architectures
- Design Patterns(GoF and Integration)
- Experience in design and implementation of REST APIs
- Experience with Microservice Architecture
- Domain Driven Design
- Strong Agile experience(Scrum, Kanban & XP practices)
- Continuous Delivery methodologies and tools
- Version control systems(Git/SVN)
- Unit testing and Mock frameworks
- Experience with build automation tools(Gradle or Maven)
- Ability to help on DevOps tasks
- Cloud technologies
- Performance testing automation
In return we’ll give you:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover
- World Perks: season ticket loan, free breakfast, childcare vouchers, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, tri-annual company parties - and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top