Senior IT Project Manager
Our project managers play a key role in the implementation and realisation of World First’s strategy. We are a driven and high-performing team, committed to delivering value across the business. We are proud to say that we do not tie ourselves to a particular project methodology, instead encouraging project managers to draw on their experience, industry knowledge and personal “toolkit” to find a best-fit approach for delivering each project – you won’t find unnecessary red-tape here!
You will be passionate about managing change and will excel at delivering it. You will have responsibility for the delivery of multiple large-scale technology transformation programmes, ensuring that timescales, scope and stakeholder expectations are managed effectively.
You will have the ability to manage, control and monitor the projects and programmes assigned to you but more importantly, you will be a credible and influential leader and mentor with the drive, enthusiasm and gravitas to achieve results from a mixed project team made up of subject matter experts and tech professionals.
You have a passion for technology, and have experience managing projects and working with technical teams across different technologies and layers of the stack and, are equally comfortable talking the intricacies of the trade-offs between different technologies as you are translating that into business benefit and a non-technical audience.
- Manage the whole project lifecycle from initiation to close, including all aspects of programme delivery including strategy, people, process and technology.
- Mentoring of other team members within the programme, with a view to line manage other Tech PMs.
- Collaborate with the Head of Project Management to help develop internal team processes and programme governance.
- Produce accurate and detailed documentation for the project – including core project documents as per the World First project methodology.
- Work with the Head of Project Management and other Project Managers to identify and sequence dependencies between your programme and other business-wide projects.
- Chair the ‘Design Authority’ committee, ensuring that proposed business changes that impact technical architecture are appropriately considered.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation in order to successfully deliver results in line with programme goals, especially with the IT development and operations teams.
- An ability to work on multiple high-risk, business-critical projects simultaneously
- Exceptional leadership skills – persuasive, motivational, influential and credible.
- A strong team player with an ability to build relationships quickly
- The ability to react quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience delivering cutting edge technology and technical infrastructure solutions
- Scrum, PMP or Prince2 certified
- Experience working with both Waterfall and Agile would be advantageous.
- Experience of writing code, even only as a side or personal project or training.
In return we’ll give you:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover
- World Perks: season ticket loan, free breakfast, childcare vouchers, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, tri-annual company parties - and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that World First helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top