Senior Audit Associate
This role will form part of a small internal audit function to provide independent assurance on Risk, Controls and Governance across all aspects of the Group, with a remit extending to all 6 global offices. The role will help provide assurance to senior management (including the Board of Directors) that business functions are achieving best practice in the performance of their duties, that customers are treated fairly, and that all regulatory requirements are met.
The role will be responsible for assisting the Internal Audit Manager / Head of function with the timely execution of risk-based Operational, Financial and Compliance-driven internal audits in accordance with the annual Group audit plan. The core elements of the role will involve conducting audits and preparing audit reports, chasing and tracking open audit actions, supporting the Internal Audit Manager / Head of function with the strategic direction of the Audit function, and providing guidance and coaching to the Audit Associates.
In addition to the London head office, World First has offices in the USA, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney and Amsterdam, so occasional (circa 10%) international travel is required to these locations.
- Conducting and documenting internal audit assignments requiring minimal re-working from Internal Audit Manager
- Ensuring all required documentation and pertinent information is retained within the audit software platform
- Complete initial file reviews for fieldwork stage before review by Internal Audit Manager
- Assisting with the preparation of Board / Committee packs and MI
- Filling in for the Internal Audit Manager as a representative for the Audit function where necessary
- Providing coaching and guidance to junior team members
- Help to maintain an accurate audit issue and action database to support all reporting
- Help to ensure that Treating Customers Fairly principles are considered throughout all stages of the audit process
- Establish and maintain appropriate and effective working relationships with business management, the audit team and the wider Compliance team
- Champion continuous improvement within the team by collating constructive feedback from audits performed
Skills and experience required
Candidates require experience working within internal or external audit and hold a relevant recognised qualification such as IIA, ACA, ACCA etc. They need to be enthusiastic and passionate about ensuring that work is completed to a high quality standard and a desire to inspire real improvement and change across the business. Candidates ideally will have a proven background of being organised, proactive and working to deadlines. Excellent communication and relationship management skills are essential in order to maintain positive relations within the team and throughout the organisation.
Key Benefits of the role for candidates
The successful candidate will benefit from involvement in a variety of assignments covering all aspects of the business, which could in turn provide the possibility to become a subject matter expert for the team across chosen areas. The role also provides exposure to senior management across multiple business functions and the opportunity to be involved in strategic decisions within the audit function which will help to develop the auditor on a career path to reaching manager level.
- Salary: commensurate to experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, private health cover, enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst
- Perks, including; Annual volunteer day, season ticket loan, free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties – and more.
If you are interested in the above please submit your CV in the strictest of confidence.
Also please check out our website to find out more about what we do here at WorldFirst.
Back to top