Regulatory Compliance Manager
Working within the EMEA Compliance team, this role is central to supporting World First’s regulatory change compliance projects. The role holder will be responsible for tracking and assisting in the management of regulatory changes affecting World First. The role holder will also manage the Compliance Monitoring Associate so will also have oversight of EMEA compliance monitoring activities.
Reports to: EMEA Regional Compliance Officer
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Monitor the regulatory environment for relevant areas of regulatory change potentially impacting the business, and coordinate responses to regulator consultations
- Ensure requisite licensing and passporting permissions are in place to support the EMEA activities of the firm
- Identify, evaluate and review regulatory risks, working with the business and Group Compliance to mitigate such risks
- Creating impact assessments of changes and coordinate with the business to understand and document specific process, policy and technical impacts associated with regulatory change.
- Maintain a record of all regulatory events and decisions taken.
- Produce and maintain compliance charts for regulations and legislation relevant to World First UK Ltd
- Build relationships across the business to ensure that regulatory change is understood and any issues are escalated
- Responsible for reporting and presenting regulatory change matters within the business, including delivery of training where required
- Creation of the EMEA compliance monitoring programme, oversight of its delivery and generally managing the activities of the Compliance Monitoring Associate
- Represent the Compliance team at internal/external meetings as required
Experience and Qualifications/Capabilities
- Compliance advisory experience or experience working in a regulatory change role required
- Experience of compliance monitoring preferred
- In-depth knowledge of FCA/EU regulations
- Experience of analysing regulatory requirements
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of e-money and payment services is preferable but not essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover, annual season ticket loan, retailer discounts, cycle-to-work and more!
- A fun working environment based in central London
- An international and talented team of co-workers
- Free breakfast, free massages, Friday beer fridge, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that World First helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top