Regional Finance Manager - Americas
The Finance Manager will be responsible for various activities associated with financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and identifying opportunities to control costs and improve profitability. Responsibilities also include managing and developing processes, policies and internal controls, identifying and managing financial risks, and managing complete, accurate and timely financial management reporting. Works closely with the Regional Head of Finance and other business teams on ways to improve business performance.
- Monthly analysis of operational results and financial position and comparison to forecast, budget and prior year results.
- Manage accounting transactions and maintain general ledger, ensuring that all financial data is recorded within generally accepted accounting principles consistent with Company policies.
- Monthly preparation of summary results and management reporting packages including preparation of monthly business reviews.
- Develop key "dashboard" performance indicators that promote awareness and generate improvement actions and drive accountability.
- Assess and develop tools to automate and streamline processes to gain greater efficiency across the operation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and drive strategic and operational initiatives via ad-hoc analyses, complex financial modeling / business cases to assess the financial viability and associated risks, and develop recommended actions
- Analyze financial and operational data/performance metrics, communicate findings and risks, and make suggestions to improve processes
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and financial controls
- Serve as thought leader on delivering process performance improvements and efficiency across the organization.
- Benchmark financial and operational performance against competitors and best practices
- Prepare recurring Regulatory Reporting filings, ensuring timely delivery in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitor deadlines and reporting calendar with the Regional Head of Compliance for completing filings.
- Conduct ad-hoc projects, reports, and financial analyses as determined by senior management
Key competencies / experience:
- Strong financial analysis skills working with all aspects of financial statements and internal reporting as well as an understanding of best practices.
- Functional experience in financial accounting, management accounting, financial modeling, planning, forecasting and/or management reporting.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task in a constantly changing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience in Workday software a plus.
- High energy level, self-starter, proactive and results oriented.
- 5 - 7 years of corporate finance or public accounting experience, preferably in the financial services industry; CPA or thorough knowledge of GAAP preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous PTO policy, 401K contribution, monthly contests/awards.
- Great perks including free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, bi-annual company parties, team night and WorldPerks for exclusive employee discounts.
Who we are:
World First is the UK’s fastest growing, multi-award winning, foreign exchange specialist, offering individuals and businesses access to world class products and customer service. Our business is built on relationships with our customers, suppliers, partners and colleagues. With offices in all the key markets around the world including, London, Hong Kong, Australia and Singapore it has a truly international footprint. World First has spent the last two years establishing a unique licensing position within the US to enable the delivery of its exclusive payments solution to the North American customer.
Our success is powered by our people. We are driven and inspired and our workplace reflects that. Our culture is something we protect carefully. We are passionate about what we do. As a World First employee, you are immediately part of a fantastic culture where you are encouraged to work hard and play hard. We like each other and we like our jobs.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top