Regional Compliance Officer, Americas
We’re WorldFirst, experts in moving money around the world. As a fast growing FinTech business, we specialise in making foreign exchange simple, fast and fuss-free for people and businesses with global ambitions. By combining best in-class technology with award-winning customer service, we’ve helped over 120,000 people, small businesses and online sellers transfer over £60bn since we launched in 2004.
To ensure a strong compliance function is in place across all operations in the region and to create and maintain an environment and culture that enables WorldFirst to effectively manage its regulatory risk and support growth.
Developing and maintaining a positive compliance culture across the region through:
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the Heads of Desk and senior management;
- Overseeing the Compliance activities of the US office;
- Working with group, APAC and EMEA Compliance teams to develop and implement strong global policies;
- Ensuring proactive monitoring of compliance across the region through development and maintenance of a monitoring program; and
- Providing training and support to all areas as required and rectifying issues as they arise.
Ensuring compliance with relevant regulation and best practice including:
- Building relationships with regulators and lawyers as required both for initial licencing and ongoing requirements;
- Identifying, understanding and communicating relevant regulatory change and ensuring policies and procedures are updated to reflect such changes;
- Providing advice on relevant regulatory matters, ensuring regulatory notices and good practice guidance are reviewed to determine applicability;
- Developing and maintaining a hierarchy of policies and procedures to ensure compliance, ensuring policies and procedures are in line with group requirements and are reviewed at least annually;
- Overseeing the smooth operation of the compliance operations function which includes identifying and implementing operational efficiencies and ensuring appropriate controls;
- Maintaining awareness of, reporting on and assisting in the management of compliance risk, including the development of appropriate management information to adequately assess and monitor risk on an ongoing basis; and
- Reviewing and signing off of external communications to ensure they adhere to requirements.
Overseeing the management of complaints from clients with particular emphasis on:
- Ensuring the operation of agreed procedures for the handling of complaints using a “root cause analysis” approach to ensure appropriate mitigating actions are adopted by the business and that the best customer outcomes are achieved;
- Ensuring Treating Customers Fairly principles are being met and that the Complaints feedback is used to continually improve service; and
- Developing and maintaining management information to make the management and head office aware of any areas of concern
- The candidate must have a demonstrable knowledge of both current and incoming legislation
- Certification CRCM and or CAMS is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commercially minded.
- Experience with complaint handling in line with regulatory requirements.
- Strong relationship-building experience.
- In-depth knowledge of conduct of business regulations.
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in financial services and/or payment services preferred
- Competitive compensation packing including annual discretionary bonus.
- Premium benefits including company 401(k) matching, health, dental, vision, & disability benefits, enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies, & educational sponsorship.
- 20 days’ vacation, 10 observed federal holidays, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst, annual volunteer day, & your birthday day off!
- Perks, including; On Your Side awards & recognition, free breakfast (Tacos on Wednesdays!), Friday drinks fridge, intramural teams, corporate discounts, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties – and more.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that WorldFirst helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top