Purpose: We are looking for a Product Management professional who lives to delight the customer, thrives in a fast pace, collaborative environment and loves technology.
This role is to own and develop consumer and/or business facing technology products as part of the Product Management team, driving the development of products such as our online platform and our API. You will be working with a wide range of stakeholders and customers to fully understand the scope of the problem that you are looking to solve. Once you have figured out the ‘why’ and the ‘what’ of a problem, you can translate this into set of user stories and acceptance criteria for developers and designers to work on.
You are not just someone to manage a backlog, this role is for someone who is passionate about product and technology and who is not afraid to make tough tradeoff decisions. Combining hands on implementation and backlog management with vision and the ‘big picture’, supporting the fast paced growth of the business and our customers.
- You are excited about taking a product idea and turning it into a reality – you get things done and can communicate both the long term product vision and short term priorities to business stakeholders.
- You are comfortable defining, owning and driving the product roadmap for your area of focus, working with multiple stakeholders across World First.
- You know what good customer experience looks like and will make sure that this experience is consistent across all our products.
- You are comfortable taking a high level roadmap and converting this into a single backlog with a user stories for a development team(s) to work on.
- You can provide your product development team(s) with a clear steer on prioritised items and get them to buy into the wider business and customer context.
- You are happy to mentor and support your colleagues in the product team, sharing best practices and lessons learned.
The experience and competencies you will bring:
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience of working on digital products or projects, gathering and analysing requirements, customer feedback as well as product usage data.
- Experience of developing, through stakeholder collaboration, a cohesive product roadmap
- An understanding of agile/lean principles, with a willingness to adapt and learn.
- Experience of working directly with development teams and ability to analyse business and customer problems and draft user stories to define them. You enjoy understanding the data and how it leads to actionable insights and solutions.
- Great communication skills and comfortable working with stakeholders and customers at all levels and getting the best out of our development teams.
- Passion for owning the end-to-end product lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience of being curious, always asking ‘why’ and looking for business or customer critical problems to solve.
- A strong understanding of users, the market place and of future trends for Payments / FX.
- A strong team player with an ability to build relationships quickly.
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Education – degree or equivalent qualification
- Ability to travel globally
- Experience of working in a fast pace financial service or Fintech business.
- A background in business analysis, breaking complex problems down into chunks.
- An appreciation of user experience and customer pain points.
Back to top