PHP Software Developer
Software Developer | OO PHP, MySQL, Zend, Symfony 3, Linux
World First runs a completely in-house IT team consisting of ~90 talented people and growing.
We cover all areas of support, systems, websites, front and back end applications and we are passionate about producing great quality systems and software to drive our business forward.
The Software Developers at World First build a wide range of applications that include:
- Our online foreign exchange (FX) trading platform
- API powering our mobile apps
- Back office system for managing trades, making payments, handling compliance events
- Market automation platform.
We expect the following foundational knowledge:
- Object oriented coding with proper design patterns (please don't mention singletons)
- At least one MVC framework (we currently use Zend, Symfony3, Silex and we are open to other framework experience)
- Version control, preferably distributed (e.g. git, which is what we use)
- Good working knowledge of the Linux CLI
Anything from the next list will help you knock our socks off:
- Domain driven design
- SOA and microservices
- SOLID principles
- Message queues
- Able to write testable code
- Someone who likes the idea of working in a scrum team
- Self-motivated with good organisational skills
- Someone who enjoys working with your team and helping to develop upon and maintain code with them
We will give you:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover
- World Perks: season ticket loan, free breakfast, childcare vouchers, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, bi-annual company parties - and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that WorldFirst helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top