Performance Test Engineer
Want to set the performance for an exciting financial product with some of the best views in London (possible bias)? We are looking for an experienced Performance Tester who has worked with highly skilled agile teams and can act as an internal consultant in Performance Engineering by putting in place a robust and maintainable solution for performance baselines and enhancement across various systems.
We are looking for an experienced performance engineer to work with highly skilled agile teams and to act as an internal consultant in Performance Engineering by putting in place a robust and maintainable solution for performance baselines and enhancement across various systems.
As a Performance Engineer at World First you will have a critical role in defining and ensuring adherence from development teams in creation and maintenance of performance systems.
As a member of a new performance team, you will:
- Shape the company's understanding of application/product performance
- Define the relevant performance scenarios and how they should be tested
- Set the workload model for performance tests
- Performance testing as part of our migration to cloud
- Capacity planning and right-sizing of cloud infrastructure based performance and cost effectiveness
- Utilise modelling against production to give thresholds and advance warning
- Performance diagnostics
- Drive performance testing and management processes into the engineering cycle (CI/CD) for our JVM, PHP and front-end teams.
- Pass your passion for performance onto the development teams
- Improve our customer experience
- Experienced in performance modelling from production tools
- Experienced in setting and reporting on performance tests
- Experience as an engineer with monitoring and load simulators
- Expert on setting tests and reporting on API performance
- Knowledgeable on cloud-based architecture – primarily AWS
- Experienced in diverse application architecture environments including monoliths, microservices, traditional databases, event driven architecture, queueing services
- Experienced on Linux operating systems
- Knowledgeable on how hardware can boost system performance
What you need to know:
We expect the following knowledge:
- Familiarity/Management of CI tools (Eg. Jenkins, Bamboo, BitBucket (Git), Jira (Atlasian suite))
- Familiarity with New Relic
- Scalability, concurrent, high-availability environment familiarity
- Strong communication skills and the ability to express opinions
- Best practices for Performance within coding and build pipelines and how to encourage them
- How to provide performance criterion and metrics for teams
- How to explore and advise on correction for performance deterioration of code/config/infrastructure
- Setting up of end to end performance testing (Requirements, set-up, test scripts, test execution)
#LI - GM1
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Jessica P.Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that WorldFirst helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top