Operations Associate - 12 month FTC
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly growing, fun-loving international payments company and we are looking to hire an Operations Associate - Payments.
The World First Operations Team is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a keen interest in finance and/or the financial markets to work at one of the most innovative and fastest growing foreign exchange companies in the UK.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Setting up outgoing same day & international payments (SWIFT, SEPA, BACS & Faster Payments) via our internal system in a number of currencies via various banking platforms
- Corresponding via telephone / email / fax with various Banking institutions, liaising with our stakeholders in other departments as well as clients who call to speak to their dealers on a daily basis
- Investigating missing payments, setting up cases, recalling of funds and following up with each party involved making sure everyone is kept up to date
- Working to daily deadlines and payment cut-offs
Skills and experience required:
- Communication skills. Being able to convey information to people clearly and simply using correct English and grammar via telephone and emails
- Accuracy and attention to detail. Noticing errors and missing information, advising the departments responsible for correcting
- Numeracy and organisational skills. An understanding of arithmetic, statistics and financial terminology.
- Team player as well as being able to work alone unassisted. Covering colleagues’ workloads during sickness and leave
- Experience of a similar role would be desirable however not essential
- Experience with the SWIFT network would also be desirable but not essential
- Basic salary £23,000-£25,000
- Excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, season ticket loan, company pension scheme and health cover
- A fun working environment based in central London
- An international and talented team of co-workers
- Free tea, coffee, fruit, breakfast, Friday beer fridge, free massages, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day, birthday day off.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that World First helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top