Network and Security Engineer
Hello. We’re World First and we’re a bit different from the rest…
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly-growing, fun-loving international payments company and we are looking to hire a Network Engineer.
As a Network and Security Engineer, you will be joining the growing in-house IT team at World First team, consisting of ~75 people and growing. We cover all areas of support, systems, websites, front and backend applications, networks across our offices in Europe, Asia, USA and Australia and are passionate about producing great quality systems to drive the business forward.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and analyse their possible use within World First
- Document network design and procedures
- Ensure we meet all compliance and regulatory requirements
- Act as member of the team for the operation and maintenance on all network issues, as directed by the Head of IT Operations and Network Team Leader
- Solid experience on Routing and Switching (OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VPNs, Spanning Tree)
- Network Security and associate technologies
- Understanding of TCP/IP and Linux networking
- Excellent troubleshooting and configuration skills
- You will be exposed to a range of technologies such as Cisco including Nexus, Quagga , firewall appliance, software firewall (iptables) etc.
- A professional approach to work with the other Network Engineers
- Mentoring Junior engineers when required
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
In addition to the above technical skills, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate with tech and non-tech team members equally well.
- Understanding of core networking concepts like network design, firewalls, Reverse Proxies, DNS, VPNs, NAT
You will get:
- A competitive salary: up to £55,000 per annum, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover
- World Perks: season ticket loan, free breakfast, childcare vouchers, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, tri-annual company parties - and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top