Middle Office Analyst
The World First Middle Office team is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual, with proven arithmetic skills. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in the financial markets to move to one of the most innovative and fastest growing foreign exchange companies in the UK.
This is a highly rewarding position for the right candidate and an excellent career opportunity.
- Working with other teams to ensure a smooth and accurate trade to payment process
- Ensuring process’ are followed and sufficient controls are in place
- Providing assistance and support to the dealing desks, and consistently working with other teams across the business – specifically Treasury & Payments
- Ensuring timely settlement of trades and execution of client payments, resolving any issues throughout the process
- Covering of open positions, booking Swaps and checking that trades are booked correctly
- Monitoring and managing client facing exposure, ensuring risk management procedures are followed
- Contacting clients regarding their positions, deals/payments, margin calls and providing account summaries and breakdowns
- Proving insight, solving problems and generally acting as the main point of contact for issue resolution across the business
- The successful candidate will have:
- Strong arithmetic, analytical skills and working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Customer service experience
- Basic knowledge of financial markets and economics is an advantage
- Degree educated, ideally in a business/finance related subject but this is non-essential
- Good team work, communication skills and ability to work in a time pressured environment
- £25,000-£28,000 per annum
- Excellent benefits package, including; discretionary annual bonus, season ticket loan, company pension scheme and health cover
- Company perks including; free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day, corporate gym discount available, corporate retail discounts and more!
Who we are
World First is the UK’s fastest growing, multi-award winning, foreign exchange specialist, offering individuals and businesses access to world class products and customer service. Our business is built on relationships with our customers, suppliers, partners and colleagues. We win lots of awards for our customer service – a few recent ones include the Ruban D’honneur for the European Business Awards for Customer Focus and the UK Customer Experience Awards. Our growth has also placed us on the ‘Real Business Hot100’ and no. 26 on the ‘Times International 200’ 2015 recognising our fast-track growth internationally. Basically, we are a company that is going places!
Our success is powered by our people. We are driven and inspired and our workplace reflects that. Our culture is something we protect carefully. We are passionate about what we do. As a World First employee, you are immediately part of a fantastic culture where you are encouraged to work hard and play hard. We like each other and we like our jobs.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top