Who we are:
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, rapidly-growing international FinTech business. We want to improve our customers’ lives by moving money around the world brilliantly. An expert in international currencies and money transfer, World First combines specialist knowledge of foreign exchange markets with technological innovation to help individuals and businesses manage cross border currency payments quickly, securely and transparently. World First employs over 500 people across six international offices of London, Amsterdam, Sydney, Austin, Singapore and Hong Kong with plans for further expansion into new countries.
We win lots of awards for our customer service – a few recent ones include #7 on the The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, The Queen's Award 2016, Ruban D’honneur for the European Business Awards for Customer Focus and the UK Customer Experience Awards. Our growth has also placed us on the FinTech 50 and the Investec Hot 100. Basically, we are a company that is going places!
Our success is powered by our people. We are driven and inspired and our workplace reflects that. Our culture is something we protect carefully. We are passionate about what we do. As a World First employee, you are immediately part of a fantastic culture where you are encouraged to work hard and play hard. We like each other and we like our jobs.
The Role: Legal Counsel
This role will form part of the small but growing in-house legal team and will represent the legal function in the groups Asia operations.
The role will have a commercial focus and will work closely with and assist the General Counsel based in London.
You will negotiate various commercial agreements, including IT software and licencing, commercial leases, banking arrangements and introducer agreements to support the day-to-day operations and will assist on various projects to support international growth. The successful candidate will be able to adapt their approach to the needs of the business and advise the business on general commercial issues in a rapidly changing business environment.
Skills and Competencies:
- Qualified lawyers with 2 years PQE
- Money transmission or foreign exchange experience is preferred but not essential
- In-house experience advantageous but not essential
- Strategic thinker with strong researching skills
- Be comfortable instructing and managing external counsel;
- Have strong communication skills and relationship building qualities
- You will also be a commercially minded and a results focused individual
What we offer:
- Open, friendly, fun-loving international working environment
- Excellent benefits package including annual performance-based bonus and health cover
- Free breakfast, holiday options, family leave, Volunteer day
Please send us your cover letter together with your CV in Word format.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top