Learning & Development Manager
Due to the rapid growth of World First, the HR Department are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and pro-active Learning & Development Manager to join their team. Reporting into the Global Head of Learning & Development, your key focus will be to support our London office.
- Build and maintain relationships with department heads, identifying development needs and trends. Work with the L&D Advisor to identify and source development solutions, in line with global L&D initiatives.
- Partner with Gallus Consulting to deliver our management programme locally (Managing People First), including 360 debriefs, workshop and ALG facilitation and one-to-one coaching.
- Develop and manage a core offering to continue the development of our Managing People First Alumni, in line with current and future business requirements
- Work with the L&D Advisor to design and deliver soft skills training, partnering with external providers when required. Support the L&D Advisor in creating a core offering for continued development in line with business needs.
- Support managers with performance reviews and personal development planning, providing ongoing training, guidance and one-to-one coaching
- Embed our behavioural competency framework into core HR/L&D processes
- Oversee professional qualifications, working with Compliance and CF30 managers to ensure T&C requirements are met
- Work with the L&D Advisor to evaluate all local L&D programmes and interventions, demonstrating ROI and continual improvement
- Work with the Global Head of L&D to set the annual L&D strategy and budget for EMEA, and manage this accordingly
- Produce bi-annual L&D reports demonstrating key activities and ROI
- Line manage the L&D Advisor and oversee our core programmes (ie induction, internal seminars, etc)
- Provide L&D support to our Netherlands office, as well as any future offices in the EMEA region as we continue to grow
- Be educated to degree level and/or HR/L&D professionally qualified, with a proven track record in a similar role
- Have a track record of delivering forward thinking L&D initiatives and be experienced in business partnering to a senior level
- Have experience in designing and delivering high quality training, with strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Have knowledge and experience in leadership/management development
- Have prior experience in a financial services company (preferable but not essential)
- Be a strong communicator with the ability to establish and manage relationships at all levels
- Be solutions focused with strong analytical skills and a consultative approach
- Be a strong team player but have the ability to work autonomously
- Be a brilliant people person who thrives on the development of people and takes pride in delivery of L&D solutions
What you will get:
- Basic salary: Competitive
- Excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, season ticket loan, company pension scheme and health cover
- A fun working environment based in central London
- Free breakfast, Friday beer fridge, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day and more!
World First is market-leading, award-winning, rapidly-growing international FinTech business. An expert in international currencies and money transfer, World First combines specialist knowledge of foreign exchange markets with technological innovation to help individuals and businesses manage cross border currency payments quickly, securely and transparently. A specialist alternative to traditional banks’ generalist approach, World First has successfully exchanged more than £40bn for over 100,000 individuals and businesses since 2004. World First employs over 500 people across six international offices of London, Amsterdam, Sydney, Texas, Singapore and Hong Kong with plans for further expansion into new countries.
We win lots of awards for our customer service – a few recent ones include the Queen’s award for Enterprise, Ruban D’honneur for the European Business Awards for Customer Focus and the UK Customer Experience Awards. Our growth has also placed us on the ‘Real Business Hot100’ and no. 7 on the ‘Times International 200’ 2016 recognising our fast-track growth internationally. Basically, we are a company that is going places!
Our success is powered by our people. We are driven and inspired and our workplace reflects that. Our culture is something we protect carefully. We are passionate about what we do. As a World First employee, you are immediately part of a fantastic culture where you are encouraged to work hard and play hard. We like each other and we like our jobs.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top