Internal Audit Associate
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly growing, fun-loving international payments company and we are looking to hire a Internal Audit Associate to join the team.
This role will form part of a small but expanding global internal audit function to provide independent assurance on Risk, Controls and Governance, ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met and that business functions are achieving best practice in the performance of their duties. As the organisation continues to grow at a phenomenal rate, there is an increased reliance on Group Internal Audit to appraise and monitor the implementation of robust controls across the organisation, recommend improvements to controls and processes, and track delivery of improvements agreed by management. Consequently, candidates will need to be flexible and proactive in their approach with excellent stakeholder management skills.
The role will work closely with the Internal Audit Manager as part of the wider Compliance team, but will also liaise directly with Senior Management, providing the candidate the opportunity to liaise directly with key stakeholders of the business. The role will be responsible for the timely execution of risk-based Financial, Operational and Compliance-driven internal audits in accordance with the annual Group audit plan, under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager, working across the Group with a number of different business stakeholders and teams. In addition to the London head office, World First has offices in Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney and USA and is expanding globally, so circa 10-20% international travel is required to these locations and this requirement has the potential to increase with expansion. The team is expected to grow with the business so opportunities for internal promotions will arise organically in time, and therefore this could present a positive move for a candidate looking to advance their career.
- Planning, conducting and documenting Internal Audit assignments
- Track delivery of own audit assignments and other activity against agreed fieldwork and reporting dates
- Help to prepare audit reports that are factual, relevant and provide assurance to the recipient as to the results of the audit, as well as recommendations for control and process improvements
- Follow up and report on all audit issues and agreed management actions and escalate concerns to the Internal Audit Manager
- Maintain an accurate audit issue and action database to support all reporting
- Contribute to the development of the annual audit plan
- Ensure that Treating Customers Fairly principles are considered throughout all stages of the audit process
- Establish and maintain appropriate and effective working relationships with business management
- Support the continued development of the Assurance Framework, which looks to consolidate the roles of Audit, Risk and Compliance
- Work with External Auditors if required
- Candidates will need to be enthusiastic and passionate about ensuring that work is completed to a high quality standard. Candidates ideally will have a background of working within Operational or Financial Audits, whether in practice or in industry, as part of an internal or external audit background.
- Ideally candidates will have completed, or are in the process of completing, a recognised qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIIA. A study package is on offer for those yet to complete their qualification, and support and guidance will be provided to help ensure the completion of said qualification.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills are essential in order to maintain positive relations throughout the organisation, and experience in writing reports that are factual, concise and to a high standard of quality and grammar would be beneficial.
- Competitive, commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, season ticket loan, company pension scheme and health cover
- A fun working environment based in central London
- Free breakfast, Friday beer fridge, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top