Interim Head of Legal
World First is looking for an experienced senior solicitor to lead its in-house team, for a minimum of 7 months maternity cover. This role reports into the Chief Compliance Officer and has direct reports in London and Hong Kong.
World First is a leading global provider of cross-border payments, with offices in the UK, US, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Singapore and Australia. The payments industry is constantly evolving as new technologies emerge and the successful candidate will need either to have an understanding of, or quickly develop an understanding of this industry and the legal issues that affect it.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team committed to enabling the continued success of the company. The role involves providing direction on a wide range of matters supporting the global business including but not exclusively: drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, regulatory related compliance and international development projects.
The role requires a highly motivated and pro-active person, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to find sound commercial solutions to challenging legal and commercial issues.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Management of a global legal services team of five supporting all World First offices, with two direct reports in London and Hong Kong.
- Hands-on production of complex commercial contracts, e.g. commercial leases, partnership agreements, banking arrangements, service agreements.
- Supporting expansion into new markets through both independent legal research and consulting local law firms, where appropriate.
- Advising the business on legal issues relating to international expansion that could include: company law, company structures, resolutions, banking agreements, data protection to employment law.
- This is a varied role, requiring the position holder to provide advice on a broad range of legal and commercial risks, their potential impacts and to propose relevant solutions.
- Experience managing an in-house legal team
- Working knowledge of financial services products and regulations
- Exposure to data protection, information technology and employment law
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Good commercial awareness and commercial focus
- Works well under pressure and in a fast pace environment
- Ability to prioritise workload and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to carry out research independently and disseminate knowledge to the team and business
- Confident in challenging decisions when necessary
- Able to work with a minimum level of supervision
- Able to advise and assist on a wide range of legal matters for the business
- Team player who is reliable, confident with excellent communication skills
- Part-time and flexible working could be considered – 4 days per week minimum
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Lucy works alongside global marketplace sellers to help scale their businesses and enable them to move funds around the world through secure payment solutions that match individual needs.
Back to top