The Technical Operations team are responsible for counterparty bank integration, operational ownership of ledgers/agency account escalations, and strategic oversight of key internal systems.
The successful candidate will help develop and maintain robust processes to ensure all operational ledger-related escalations are handled within agreed SLAs. Aid in the integration and end-to-end testing of new payment systems and account solutions, and assist in the operational maintenance and development of key global payments infrastructure.
- Investigate and resolve all errors relating to message formatting and message delivery
- Assist with implementing technical connectivity solutions for new banking partners
- Develop and implement robust processes, systems and technology to support and enhance financial messaging operations
- Aid with on-boarding third-parties, FIs, and banking partners
- Develop and implement end-to-end testing of all new payment/cash management solutions
- Be a SWIFT SME, keeping abreast of all relevant updates/changes, ensuring WorldFirst has readily prepared for any standards releases.
- Analyse connectivity options with banking partners and other third parties to ensure we are using the most robust solution. (SWIFT, H2H, API etc)
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to research and analyse message mapping issues - working with third parties to resolve during UAT and production testing
- Assist the Technical Operations Manager in the maintenance and development of key infrastructure, such as STP systems
- Partner with stakeholders locally and globally to ensure all requirements are captured when developing or changing systems
- Working with the Transactions Ops team on ledger incidents, ensuring controls and processes in place to resolve swiftly and mitigate going forward
- Partner with IT & Transactional Operations to resolve issues and improve processes
- Building out documentation and procedures relating to ledgers
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience working with cash management/accounts receivable/global payment solutions
- Good knowledge of SWIFT FIN and FileAct (Connectivity options, formatting etc)
- Knowledge of other common financial message formatting (XML ISO20022, NACHA, CFONB etc)
- Knowledge of SFTP and other file transfer or messaging protocols
- Previous experience on-boarding corporates/banks with SWIFT
- Proven track record of delivering projects to key stakeholders
- Good knowledge of UK and Global clearing systems
- Excellent colleague and client communication skills
- Able to spot process flaws and suggest solutions and improvements
- Understanding of reconciliation processes
- SWIFT for Corporates Qualification would be advantageous
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, private health cover, enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme
- A fun working environment based in central London.
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off, annual volunteer day, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst
- Perks, including; season ticket loan, free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties – and more!
Back to top