Head of People - Americas
We are looking for an experienced Head of People to join our Austin office as part of our expanding Global HR Team. Reporting into the Chief People Officer, this is a hands-on role and will suit someone with both HR strategy and execution skills who likes to work at a fast pace, is delivery focused, enjoys variety and who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. This is a true business partnering role undertaking a full spectrum of People activities:
- Act as the first point of contact for all HR queries, providing effective HR operational support across areas such as employee relations, performance management, people analytics, and compensation & benefits (including payroll)
- Support the global Talent Acquisition team with recruitment delivery for all hires in our Austin office, whilst providing an exceptional candidate experience.
- Support the global Learning & Development team, to contribute to and deliver initiatives such as induction, talent management, succession planning, PDPs and quarterly reviews
- Provide recommendations to managers and their team members to implement HR solutions that enable achievement of business objectives and strategies
- Partnering with the local Management Team to support them in achieving short and long term commercial objectives
- Formulate and implement HR programs, policies and procedures that are in compliance with all local employee legislation and which are aligned to the global HR strategy
- Handling full cycle of staff payroll processes, payments and reporting. Ensure all statutory deductions and reporting are completed and remitted in a timely manner
- Lead all employee engagement initiatives – improving the engagement and retention of World Firsters
- Undertake and propose projects, initiatives, tasks agreed with regional HR and local management
- Proven experience in a fast-paced HR generalist role
- Experience in developing new procedures and implementing policies – prior experience developing a stand-alone function would be useful, but not essential
- Accustomed to working closely with senior leaders, with the ability to influence and challenge when needed
- Commercially focused and data driven
- Passionate about creating an awesome candidate and employee experience
- Self-motivated and an idea generator – not satisfied with maintaining the status quo
- In-depth knowledge of HR policies and practices
- Excellent communication skills and highly service orientated
- Proactive, organized and efficient – able to work well under pressure
- Experience working with remote line management in a matrix structure
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation packing including annual discretionary bonus.
- Premium benefits including company 401(k) matching, health, dental, vision, & disability benefits, enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies, & educational sponsorship.
- 20 days’ vacation, 10 observed federal holidays, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst, annual volunteer day, & your birthday day off!
- Perks, including; On Your Side awards & recognition, free breakfast (Tacos on Wednesdays!), Friday drinks fridge, intramural teams, corporate discounts, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties – and more.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that WorldFirst helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top