Head of Marketing, North Asia
Purpose: The Head of Marketing, North Asia will be instrumental in growing our business and customer base and establishing WorldFirst brand as the the World’s Best Platform for International Trade in the region within our chosen target market
The Head of Marketing, North Asia will develop and execute an integrated (online and offline) marketing/PR strategy, and lead the respective marketing teams in the region to help achieve the commercial plan and objectives, agreed with the Group Marketing Director and the North Asia Management team, such as, new client acquisition and registrations, activation, cross sell and revenue
The role will also include managing, motivating and building world class marketing teams as well as capabilities and functions in China, Hong Kong, Japan and Korea offices while driving key business and brand performance metrics across all marketing activities and ensuring that the WorldFirst value proposition is robust, relevant and communicated in line with our mission of becoming the World’s Best Platform for International Trade.
Finally, the role will also work closely across key in internal and external stakeholders such as Sales & Partnership, Relationship Management, Product, Compliance/Legal/Finance/Operations/IT teams and suppliers and agencies to ensure consistent, seamless and timely delivery of all marketing messaging, activities and campaigns
- Build, lead and motivate a strong team of marketing professionals covering all the main marketing disciplines with a specific understanding of brand, digital marketing, events/sponsorships, CRM/direct mail, PR and communications
- Effectively co-ordinate all marketing activity across the region through a team operating in a matrix structure. Need to work closely with all other functions and be a team player and make sure that the same marketing message/proposition be established both internally and externally. Own and drive all marketing activities to increase the awareness, client acquisition, revenue and strength of the WorldFirst brand in the region. These activities include:
- Advertising and PR
- Below the line (Direct Mail, Collaterals and Merchandising.)
- Digital (PPC, SEO, Social, Ad Networks, KOL, etc.)
- CRM (Eloqua, Salesforce)
- Sponsorships and Events
- Research and Competitor Benchmarking
- Experience in successfully growing and driving client/partnership acquisition through offline and online marketing activities leveraging both in-house as well as third party/agency resources.
- Set measurable KPIs for all activities and initiatives being undertaken and demonstrate channel/campaign ROI through attribution modelling
- Events form a particularly important strand of Below the Line activity in China. Experience of planning, managing and running events aimed at a business audience is specific requirement for any applicant
- In charge of defining and establishing the Customer Loyalty mechanism/framework to drive customer engagement, loyalty and satisfaction
- Work in conjunction with the UK Head office team to effectively define and communicate the marketing strategy as it pertains to the territory for:
- Traffic Delivery (Experience of We Chat, Baidu, Sogou etc is vital).
- Site / User Experience
- Customer Contact
- Research and insights
- Work in conjunction with the executive team, lead the localization of the marketing strategy and plan.
- Work with the Heads of Marketing in each country office to refine the brand guidelines and marketing strategy and help WorldFirst to become the market leading brand
- Degree educated
- 7-10 years’ senior level marketing experience including team management
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) is a must
- Strong experience of working, particularly in China and preferably with experience of other markets like Japan, Korea and Hong Kong as well
- A background that covers both digital and traditional media channels and ideally will have had experience of PR as well as advertising
- Proven international experience with multiple digital marketing approaches, such as SEO, Paid Search, programmatic advertising, email marketing, Google Analytics etc.
- A visionary who can create a program of work that stands out from the crowd and helps transform the business to becoming a well-known, liked and trusted brand.
- Able to use metrics and KPIs to drive business and marketing decisions
- Team player and able to work closely with various local, regional and global teams
Salary and Benefits:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including sick, marriage, maternity and paternity leave policies
- Birthday day off
- Perks, including: annual company parties – and more!
Please submit your CV (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to us.
To find out more about what it's like to work with World First or more job opportunities, please visit our website at www.worldfirst.com/en-hk/careers
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that WorldFirst helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top