Head of Growth, Korea
The Head of Growth, Korea will be commercially focused, an experienced leader that has a track record of successful leadership and execution with a holistic understanding of operational, regulatory and acquisition activities required to drive business growth.
A key part of the role is developing and maintaining a network of partner clients to increase revenue generated from their client base. The role will focus on closing high value corporate partnerships and will be pivotal to World First’s expansion into the Korea market localizing our product portfolio.
The role is open to be based in Singapore (or Hong Kong) with frequent travels to South Korea.
- Country strategy development and implementation
- Working within the parameters of the Global World First Strategy; develop, agree and implement local commercial strategies to maximise the revenue opportunities across all channels
- Collaborate with the Country Manager – Hong Kong, MD of APAC and key management team to identify areas of best practice and ensure process consistency across regions
- Identify new opportunities for growth that fit World First’s strategic proposition in the Korean market
- Responsible for interpreting the MI and providing commentary on commercial areas to identify challenges, successes and opportunities for growth, vs budget and other regions
- Develop action plans to overcome the challenges driven from MI and build upon areas for improvement
- Build collaborative relationships with key support functions, locally and at Head Office to ensure the success of the Korean strategy
- Lead country management meetings - set and circulate agenda to ensure key information is communicated, lead discussion on agenda items, actions agreed and followed ups
- P&L development and execution
- Responsible for development and submission of the Korea revenue and EBIT budget/forecasts
- Accountable for achieving revenue and EBIT budgets as agreed with Country Manager – Hong Kong and Managing Director, Asia Pacific.
- Revenue generation and business development
- Accountable for the revenue and EBIT generated by World First's Korean business
- Drive business development through acquiring affiliates and partners in Korea
- Develop and manage affiliates and partners to retain and grow customers base, and increase sales to existing customers
- Manage the performance of partners and affiliates through close measurement of MI and benchmarking against other affiliate performance in other geographic markets
- Work closely with Head of Sales and Partnership, Asia to execute and meet revenue targets
- Identify and approach senior management of potential corporate partners to understand specific requirements of their clients and how best to service them
- Responsible for closing high value long term partnerships
- Expand brand awareness and breadth of business in Korea
- Mixture of both telephone and face to face sales
- Work collaboratively with the account management team in driving new relationships
- Operational excellence and costs management
- Continuously work to identify and implement opportunities to improve service quality and operating efficiency, reduce unit costs, and mitigate operational risk.
- Product, marketing and service localisation
- Collaborate with the global IT team in the process of adapting a website to local language and culture in Korea
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop localised marketing strategy based on local language, culture, and behaviors.
- Government relations, regulatory compliance and stakeholder alignment
- Work with the Head of Compliance (Asia) team to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements within the region.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and influence through active participation in both internal and external forums, including but not exclusively; industry organizations, industry events, cross-departmental committees and country management meetings.
- People management
- Line management of direct reports, ensuring clear KPIs are set, reports are clear on what “expected performance” looks like, that KPIs are reviewed regularly and reports are meeting required standards
- Develop a high performing employee culture and respectful workplace
- Able to create and lead an environment where cross-team collaboration is encouraged, where openness and fairness to staff and clients is valued, and where as a leader you are seen as visible and accessible to the Korea team and broader organisation.
- Connects effectively with peers across multiple regions and engages in strategic discussions with leadership to create shared understanding; wins respect through their actions and approach
- Generates a compelling sense of common purpose around the vision and the strategy for achieving it
- Sets clear goals that clearly align with World First’s strategy and can inform operational planning and prioritisation.
- Able to balance the needs of the organisation with the needs of the local business
- Monitors change and likely changes in the market and business environment, and adjusts plans, decisions and activities accordingly – understanding potential impacts and opportunities for the organisation’s strategy
- Identifies, mitigates and appropriately leverages risk to the benefit of World First. Is quick to spot changes in the environment or emerging trends that may create risk for World First
- Uses data to enhance the quality of strategic decision making.
- Supports people and teams who appropriately question the status quo and innovate for the future; is honest when ideas can’t be progressed or action can’t be taken
- Engages fully in workforce planning to ensure that capacity and capability levels are in line with current and future requirements
- Creates a high performance environment, where high performance is expected, recognised and celebrated
- Proven experience in a leadership role, preferably within the financial services, ecommerce, non-bank financial institution, or Fintech industries
- Experience managing a P&L and executing business strategies at a local/regional level
- Commercially focused experience, but with a holistic understanding of the operational, regulatory and acquisition based activities needed to increase revenue and ensure ROI of cost expenditure
- Experience of regulatory engagement is beneficial
- Prior experience of FX, payments and ecommerce products highly beneficial, but not essential if experience is from related financial industries
- Experience in a global, matrixed organisation and familiarity with global reporting lines is beneficial
- Possess an outstanding natural sales ability or keen motivation to develop sales skills
- Have experience in winning long term contracts with ongoing negotiations
- Experience in delivering tailored face to face presentations
- Be able to think strategically and outside of the box
- Bilingual in Korean and English
Salary and Benefits:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including sick, marriage, maternity and paternity leave policies
- Birthday day off
- Perks, including: annual company parties – and more!
Please submit your CV (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to us.
To find out more about what it's like to work with World First or more job opportunities, please visit our website at www.worldfirst.com/en-hk/careers
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that WorldFirst helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top