Head of Group Treasury
Hello, we’re WorldFirst. We specialise in making international money transfer faster, simpler and cheaper for people and businesses with global ambitions. Our clients never stop. And neither do we. To support us on our journey we’re looking to hire a Head of Group Treasury.
The World First Finance department is looking to hire a Head of Group Treasury to lead its Treasury team of 16. This role reports into the CFO. The Treasury department has undergone rapid growth in the last 18 months and we are looking to continue developing the capability of the function to support our wider business growth.
The Treasury department is split in to three distinct areas;
- Treasury which is primarily responsible for day-to-day cash management, managing FX risk, funding of bank accounts for operational purposes, cash flow forecasting, Financial institution due diligence and strategic investment planning
- Client Money which is responsible for group Client money calculations, policies and management information so a working knowledge of client money regulations would be a definite advantage
- Bank Reconciliation of group nostro bank accounts, exception management and management information to senior stakeholders
Treasury is also a key stakeholder in project delivery for group initiatives ensuring all change considers treasury and client money requirements. This allows the role to be a key business influencer and develop a wide network across the business.
- Maintain smooth day-day running of the Treasury Team, ensuring both daily and monthly deliverables are met in a timely fashion
- The ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels (including Executive) within the business and to command respect from business leaders.
- Develop reports to provide concise visibility to senior management of the Group's treasury position on aspects including liquidity, FX and interest rate risk.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are informed of treasury positions and are offered insight and analysis of how new business will impact the groups cash and funding.
- Provide Treasury guidance on other ad hoc projects within World First, based on an evolving regulatory landscape.
- Development of cash flow forecasting to provide a greater insight of the group’s cash.
- Review Treasury procedures to ensure processes are relevant and fit for purpose.
- Performing analysis of Capital and Liquidity resource utilisation under baseline and stress scenarios
- Leading the Treasury team and identifying gaps in the knowledge of the team members and provide training support.
- Ensuring the team is fully resourced so that all tasks can be completed effectively and to deadline.
- People management, including; recruitment, performance management, training support, appraisals etc.
- Lead the improvement program for the Treasury function including driving greater automation through internal and/ or external solutions.
- Update Treasury Policy and procedure documents, introducing new documents when the need arises; adapting treasury procedures for new products.
- Identify improvements to the Treasury function and help develop a project plan to deliver these improvements.
- Liaise with both the business and the Finance team to identify needs within the Group.
- Compiling and presenting Business Opportunity Cases and other proposals to management.
- Enhance processes for the effective management of firm and client cash and firm FX exposures.
Required skills and experience:
- Be an experienced manager with good motivation and delegation skills.
- Have a deep experience within treasury, including; strong cash management, dealing with multiple currencies in a global environment, strong FX management skills.
- Have strong experience of developing and improving systems, processes and skills within a treasury function.
- The role reports directly into the Group CFO and the candidate will be comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels, including the CEO.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA or AMCT qualified.
- Have experience of TMS or systems development.
- Have knowledge of SQL reporting.
- Have any other form of cash management certifications.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary.
- Annual performance based bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off, volunteer day annually, plus 3 ‘life event’ days throughout your time at World First.
- Pension, private healthcare, season ticket loan, enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave.
- Company parties, Friday drinks fridge, free breakfast, and Culture champions to organise all sorts of fun activities – from free cricket tickets, to ping pong and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that World First helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top