Head of Group Compliance
We’re WorldFirst, experts in moving money around the world. As a fast growing FinTech business, we specialise in making foreign exchange simple, fast and fuss-free for people and businesses with global ambitions. By combining best in-class technology with award-winning customer service, we’ve helped over 120,000 people, small businesses and online sellers transfer over £60bn since we launched in 2004.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to lead our Global Compliance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and managing compliance across the Group, ensuring that it complies with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining a positive compliance culture across the Group through:
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the Heads of Desk and management;
- Implementing strong global policies;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the compliance policies and controls in place across the Group and updating as necessary; and
- Providing support and training to all areas as needed;
- Ensuring compliance with rules and regulations including:
- Overseeing the operation of the compliance function including the activities of the Regional Compliance Officers and the Group Policy and Reporting Manager;
- Building relationships with regulators for licensing and ongoing requirements; and
- Monitoring regulatory change to identify, understand and communicate to global teams and ensuring policies and processes are updated to reflect such changes at regional and Group level;
- Developing and mentoring the Compliance team globally. Ensuring clear KPAs are set, reviewed regularly and that reports are meeting the required standards;
- Monitoring and improving processes to most effectively anticipate, manage and reduce risk to the company and its partners;
- Ensuring teams are guiding and assisting relevant internal departments to ensure that the customer journey is smooth and efficient and that the regulatory implications have been considered and addressed; and
- Fostering an environment of regulatory awareness whilst instilling a positive, proactive culture towards the compliance function across the company.
- Prior experience within a Compliance function of a FCA regulated financial institution;
- Experience of the regulatory requirements of Electronic Money Regulations, Anti Money Laundering Regulations, FCA/PRA Handbooks and other relevant regulatory institutions or instruments;
- Experience of providing governance, controls and compliance advice for new product development;
- Exceptional management skills. Ability to motivate and inspire the global team; having a collaborative and supportive relationship with the team and colleagues across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed;
- Strong analytical skills, in particular the ability to draw logical conclusions from a range of diverse source materials and present them in a clear and engaging way;
- Previous experience of operating within a global compliance team is preferred; and
- Previous knowledge and experience within the Electronic Money Payments Industry and Fintech would be an advantage.
- Salary: commensurate to experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, private health cover, enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme
- 26 days holiday, birthday day off, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst
- Perks, including; Annual volunteer day, season ticket loan, free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties – and more.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that WorldFirst helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top