Group Fraud Manager
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly growing, fun-loving international payments company and we are looking for a senior compliance and financial crime professional to act as Group Fraud Manager for the World First group.
- To develop and oversee a fraud programme including policy and controls, and to carry out fraud analysis and develop behavioural analytics to highlight fraud risks;
- Helping ensure that World First and its subsidiaries meets its obligations, in relation to AML, CFT, Fraud, Sanctions, Bribery and Corruption and Market Abuse/Insider Trading. Researching and understanding changes in regulation in relation to AML & CFT and developing and implementing relevant policies;
- Developing AML & CTF guidance materials and overseeing training in line with requirements;
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual MLRO report to senior management;
- Assisting in undertaking at least an annual group financial crime risk assessment and ensuring that remedial action is taken where required. Additionally, overseeing and assisting local financial crime risk assessments;
- Advising on the regulatory implications of future business activities and undertaking ad hoc risk assessments of these activities e.g. new partnerships or products etc.;
- Representing the compliance function within business and operational meetings, providing subject matter expertise to the business and responding to queries and being a point of reference for CTF, AML and sanction compliance;
- Working closely with the compliance monitoring team and, carrying out system testing / ensuing best practice is maintained;
- Preparing for, and managing, inspections by banking partners, regulators & other external partners.
- Manage fraud rules/parameters.
- Monitor fraud within the business to understand trends.
- Proven experience of working in a senior Financial crime, transactional monitoring/sanctions or broad financial crime role within a regulated firm,
- Strong working knowledge of JMLSG & FCA guidance as well as the 4th Money Laundering Directive. Knowledge of other jurisdictions’ financial crime regimes is desirable,
- Industry recognised financial crime/AML qualification (e.g. ACAMS/ICA)
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with fraud and implementing appropriate controls,
- Experience in writing policies and procedure manuals and overseeing their implementation.
- An understanding of emerging compliance issues.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package, including; discretionary annual bonus, season ticket loan, company pension scheme and health cover
- Company perks including; free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day, corporate gym discount available, corporate retail discounts and more!
Who we are
World First is the UK’s fastest growing, multi-award winning, foreign exchange specialist, offering individuals and businesses access to world class products and customer service. Our business is built on relationships with our customers, suppliers, partners and colleagues. We win lots of awards for our customer service – a few recent ones include the Ruban D’honneur for the European Business Awards for Customer Focus and the UK Customer Experience Awards. Our growth has also placed us on the ‘Real Business Hot100’ and no. 7 on the ‘Times International 200’ 2016 recognising our fast-track growth internationally. Basically, we are a company that is going places!
Our success is powered by our people. We are driven and inspired and our workplace reflects that. Our culture is something we protect carefully. We are passionate about what we do. As a World First employee, you are immediately part of a fantastic culture where you are encouraged to work hard and play hard. We like each other and we like our jobs.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top