Financial Reporting Associate
We’re WorldFirst, experts in moving money around the world. As a fast growing FinTech business, we specialise in making foreign exchange simple, fast and fuss-free for people and businesses with global ambitions. By combining best in-class technology with award-winning customer service, we’ve helped over 120,000 people, small businesses and online sellers transfer over £60bn since we launched in 2004. To support us on our journey we are looking for a Financial Reporting Associate to join the Finance team in Austin.
The Financial Reporting Associate will report directly to the Finance Manager, Americas and the position will support the finance and compliance teams by acting as the main source of key financial and business data that will be interpreted in the completion of a complex set of external regulatory reporting initiatives.
The Associate based in Austin, TX will analyze financial and regulatory reporting metrics and will provide key insights to the finance and compliance management teams for decision-making and report completion. The Associate position will also support the Finance Manager in regular interactions with compliance personnel on key internal matters and the role should also be able to coordinate as needed with local business partners and the local management team.
- Liaise with the Finance and Compliance departments to coordinate the preparation of required financial and business data for the completion of regulatory reporting for all jurisdictions in which the US business is licensed. Independently own and prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual Regulatory Reporting filings, ensure timely delivery in accordance with committed schedules. Coordinate detailed levels of review of all work with the Finance Manager prior to submission to Compliance, identify issues for resolution and opportunities for program enhancement.
- Monitor key business data such as transmission volume, average daily transmission liability, and permissible investments on a daily basis. Analyze financial data and regulatory requirements on a state by state basis, communicate findings and risks and make suggestions to improve processes.
- Monitor Surety Bond requirements, in collaboration with the Compliance department, to ensure all bonding remains in force and in accordance with state requirements based on business activity. Work with Group Analysis to obtain the relevant data for WFUSA Deals, WFUSA Payments and Transaction Volume, and utilize this information for Bond Monitoring and Reporting. Make recommendations for changes in Bond coverage levels as appropriate.
- Independently track key financial metrics such as capital position, tangible shareholders equity, and overall financial condition based on actual results and work with the Finance Manager to forecast the future metrics.
- Monitor deadlines and reporting calendar with the Compliance team for completing filings.
- Develop and implement new policies, procedures and financial controls.
- Assess and develop tools to automate and streamline processes to gain greater efficiency across the operation.
- As needed and time permitting, assist the Finance Manager in the review of accounting transactions during the financial close, as well as in the process of completing internal financial reporting by cost center as well as comparison to forecast, budget and prior year results.
- Strong financial reporting skills working with all aspects of financial statements as well as an understanding of best practices.
- Functional experience in financial accounting and/or regulatory reporting. Experience with multiple financial reporting methodologies (US GAAP, Regulatory Reporting, and IFRS) highly preferred with an ability to clearly communicate past achievements in these areas desired.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 2 years of combined relevant work experience in accounting, audit, finance, or consulting fields.
- Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required with an advanced degree preferred.
- Big 4 experience and CPA certification highly preferred.
- Proven ability to produce results while working independently.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality of work product.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Workday software a plus.
- Competitive compensation packing including annual discretionary bonus.
- Premium benefits including company 401(k) matching, health, dental, vision, & disability benefits, enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies, & educational sponsorship.
- 20 days’ vacation, 10 observed federal holidays, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst, annual volunteer day, & your birthday day off!
- Perks, including; On Your Side awards & recognition, free breakfast (Tacos on Wednesdays!), Friday drinks fridge, intramural teams, corporate discounts, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties – and more.
Back to top