Financial Reporting and Controls Accountant
The World First Finance department is looking to strengthen its systems, processes and team knowledge to ensure we keep with the businesses rapid growth. To help upgrade and improve the firm’s reporting and controls capability, the need for a Financial Reporting and Controls Accountant has been identified. This senior hire will report to the Head of Reporting, and must be able to support them in:
- Development of accounting staff - sharing knowledge with the wider team;
- Ownership of Accounting Manuals and Policy, provision of technical accounting advice;
- Legal entity statutory and management reporting and consolidation for a rapidly growing International Group, including a strong understanding of international consolidations under IFRS
- Development, management and testing of a month-end control environment;
- Develop the documentation of processes and systems for the Group
This is a key role for the Finance department to help develop and enhance the reporting and control environment for World First, and to take us to a first-class finance function.
Key responsibilities will be:
Development of accounting staff
- Improve Finance skills and capabilities with particular emphasis on Technical Accounting, Reporting and Controls.
- Manage and develop Group Accounting Manual and provide training to other staff.
- Be open and share knowledge within both the accounting function and wider business.
Provision of technical accounting advice
- To take ownership of all Accounting Policies for the Group
- Through a strong understanding of IFRS, demonstrate the ability to investigate and explain IFRS requirements and impacts on a variety of situations.
- Identify upcoming changes to IFRS and local GAAP, and proactively explain the impact to the Group.
- Manage and develop the reporting process for all legal entities in the group, ensuring all legal entity numbers are completed and understood to the agreed timetable.
- Develop the controls and processes around external reporting
- Ensure all statutory accounts are prepared for all World First entities. These will be in a combination of IFRS, FRS 101 and local FRS 101 equivalent.
- Investigate and implement efficiencies in all external reporting.
- Ensure all statutory accounts are ready for audit and clear audit with a minimum of queries.
- Ensuring junior staff are trained in, and understand, statutory accounting requirements.
Development, management and testing of the month-end control environment
- Develop and implement a robust month-end control environment for all balance sheet items, with an emphasis on understanding the balances, risks to those numbers, and controls around accounting estimations.
- To take ownership for the RCSA documentation and controls for the month end process.
- Develop a monthly account sign off process.
Develop the documentation of processes and systems for the Group
- Ensure there is a process to document Finance processes and systems.
- Make sure that the process is developed to ensure the above documents are up to date and relevant.
- Assist the Head of Reporting and the Group Financial Controller in any additional projects and ad-hoc requests.
- Maintain a friendly and open team attitude that encourages all other employees to approach the Accounting team and wider Finance department with queries or concerns to ensure the continual improvement of the business as experienced by employees and clients.
- Identity and implement continual improvements to processes.
- Qualified accountant - preferably ACA or equivalent
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience in working in a financial services or regulated environment.
- Understand what a good control environment looks like within a finance function, and how to develop and manage this.
- Management experience.
- Well organised and can work under pressure.
- Big Four experience.
- Experience of international groups or working in an international role.
- Strong technical experience of international multi-currency consolidations under IFRS.
Nice to haves but not vital:
- Experience of Workday.
- Competitive, commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover, annual season ticket loan, retailer discounts, cycle-to-work and more!
- A fun working environment based in central London
- An international and talented team of co-workers
- Free breakfast, free massages, Friday beer fridge, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that World First helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top