Financial Crime Manager, EMEA
We’re WorldFirst, experts in moving money around the world. As a fast growing FinTech business, we specialise in making foreign exchange simple, fast and fuss-free for people and businesses with global ambitions. By combining best in-class technology with award-winning customer service, we’ve helped over 120,000 people, small businesses and online sellers transfer over £60bn since we launched in 2004.
This role covers responsibility for the EMEA financial crime framework, aligned with World First Group standards. The Manager will be required to provide direction and strategy for the UK Compliance Operations team.
- Develop and maintain a robust financial crime framework for EMEA to adequately protect the business and ensure compliance with financial crime regulations and regulatory guidance relating to Fraud, AML and CTF;
- Ensure Group financial crime prevention strategy is implemented within EMEA (including a EMEA financial crime risk assessment to align with Group methodology);
- Provide updates and guidance on new and changing regulation to EMEA management and Group Compliance, regularly reviewing developments in regulation/guidance within EMEA;
- Provide subject matter expertise to the business on all matters connected to applicable financial crime regulations within EMEA;
- Support and input to EMEA commercial initiatives including design of compliance controls and advising on financial crime risks;
- Collation and reporting of Management Information (MI) needed to monitor financial crime risks on monthly and quarterly basis;
- Development and delivery of a Financial Crime training framework and ensuring that all EMEA employees are effectively trained on Financial Crime and a compliance culture is positively reinforced throughout the business;
- Creation and delivery of EMEA financial crime prevention monitoring plan including thematic reviews.
- Oversight of suspicious activity reporting process and submission to the NCA
- Authorisation of higher risk accounts in line with the relevant company policies
- Providing direction and strategy for the Compliance Operations team
- Management of key stakeholder relationships
- Escalate matters to the RCO and Group Financial Crime team as required.
- Prior management experience working in a compliance role or environment
- Good understanding of the UK financial services environment and regulation, especially the area of financial crime
- Strong ability to understand legal and regulatory requirements and to apply them to business practices
- Ability to agree clear performance expectations with direct reports and delegate effectively
- Professional manner and excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical, attention-to-detail, and problem solving skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment which includes ongoing learning and training opportunities
- Salary: commensurate to experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, private health cover, enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst
- Perks, including; Annual volunteer day, season ticket loan, free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties – and more.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that WorldFirst helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top