Devops Engineers at World First help our developers build a wide range of applications that include our online FX trading platform, an API powering our mobile apps, a backoffice system for managing trades, making payments, handling compliance events, and a market automation platform.
Our talented and innovative IT team has helped the company continue to be one of the fastest growing UK foreign exchange specialists.
On all teams we have both new and existing projects, meaning you won't be writing your code once and forgetting about it; you'll continue to maintain it, as will the rest of the team. This makes us careful about how we build things.
How we do it:
Using Configuration management tools like ansible and CI tools like bamboo, we empower the development teams and help them to achieve their best. Every line of code and configuration goes through reviews and we use continuous integration tools to run our tests, lint our playbooks, measure complexity, and make sure the code matches PSR-2 coding standards. We have separate development servers, staging environments and live environments. We also don't just use LAMP, we have message queues, caches, round robin databases, proxy servers, and anything else that helps us build robust and elegant systems. We're in the process of moving to a container based architecture to enable a more decoupled service based architecture.
Our devops engineers work embedded within cross-functional agile delivery teams, helping build CI pipelines, application delivery configs and deployment methods. We're involved in the development process from day 1 helping shape the architecture of our applications and ensuring the technologies that support our systems, kafka, redis, clustered databases are all available for our devs to build systems against.
- Good Linux Sysadmin Experience
- At least one Configuration Management System (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Kubernetes)
- CI Systems like Jenkins, Bamboo
- SCM systems git, svn, mercurial (we use git)
- Deploying web applications
- Containers and Orchestration
- PHP and Java application deployment experience
- Development experience
- Able to write good reusable testable configuration management code
- Someone who likes the idea of working in a scrum team
- Self-motivated with good organisational skills
- Someone who enjoys working in a cross functional team sharing knowledge with colleagues
In return we’ll give you:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover
- World Perks: season ticket loan, free breakfast, childcare vouchers, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, tri-annual company parties - and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top