Database Administrator (DBA)
Hello. We’re World First and we’re a bit different from the rest…
We’re not your typical financial services company. As a matter of fact, we pride ourselves in being different. We are the UK’s fastest growing foreign exchange specialist and we make moving money around the world faster, easier, safer and just all-round better.
We have awesome relationships with our thousands of customers, as well as with our suppliers, partners and colleagues. It is – and always has been – people first.
You’ll love our culture and passion, and we can’t wait to have you on board.
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly growing, fun-loving international payments company and we are looking to hire a Database Administrator.
- Take ownership of our MySQL (Percona/Galera) database infrastructure in tandem with the infrastructure and DevOps teams.
- Be responsible for both MySQL application configuration and the host server (Linux) configuration
- Work with business units to understand requirements, translating logical data models into physical database designs and developing these databases.
- Work with our development teams to drive best practice in database structure design and access.
- Support multiple databases of high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data
- Recommend and implement database solutions to support data integrity efforts alongside developing data access tools and techniques
- Monitor transactions between application systems and the database for the purpose of identifying and improving inefficiencies
- Provide production support and ensure high availability including troubleshooting databases accessibility, availability or operability problems
- Evaluate future technologies and makes recommendations for software, hardware upgrades and technology solutions
What you need to know:
- Deep understanding and knowledge on all aspects of MySQL, Linux systems, administration including error log checking, performance monitoring and tuning
- Galera clusters, HA, Maxscale, sharding
- Scale up and out experience for MySQL and LAMP applications
- Strong experience of collaboration with software developers on application design and MySQL usage/access patterns
Nice to have:
- Experience of Git, Jira, New Relic
- AWS RDS
- Systems administration, security, networking or software development
- Basic salary: Dependant on experience
- Excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, season ticket loan, company pension scheme, health cover, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, corporate gym and retail discounts
- A fun working environment based in central London
- Free breakfast, free massages, Friday beer fridge, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Lucy works alongside global marketplace sellers to help scale their businesses and enable them to move funds around the world through secure payment solutions that match individual needs.
Back to top