We are looking for a Data Analyst to form part of our inaugural data team and work alongside our Financial Solutions Architect to provide optimal data solutions to the business.
You will be responsible for providing up-to-date, accurate and relevant data feeds, reports, and analysis for the business, and must be able to work well under pressure and respond quickly to requests for data. Team skills and communication skills are essential and it is important to be able to cooperate with different departments, as well as developers, quality assurance analysts, product managers, project managers, business analysts and stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Mapping and tracing data from system to system in order to solve a given business or system problem
- Developing and implementing data collection systems, data analytics, and strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Designing and creating reports using MySQL and reporting tools to filter and “clean” data
- Interpreting data and analysing results using statistical techniques
- Identifying and raising data quality issues
- Identifying, analysing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Locating and defining new process improvement opportunities
- Documenting the types and structure of the business data (logical modelling)
- Analysing and mining data to identify patterns and correlations among the various data points
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, and data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets
- Technical expertise with SQL queries and report writing
- Great communication skills, with an ability to translate technical language for non-technical people
- Any FX domain knowledge is a plus
- An ability to view a problem from both the business and the technical perspectives
- Experience with data warehousing / ETL
- Experience with Linux
In return we’ll give you:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover
- World Perks: season ticket loan, free breakfast, childcare vouchers, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, tri-annual company parties - and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top