Country Manager - Singapore
Who we are:
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, rapidly-growing international FinTech business. We want to improve our customers’ lives by moving money around the world brilliantly. An expert in international currencies and money transfer, World First combines specialist knowledge of foreign exchange markets with technological innovation to help individuals and businesses manage cross border currency payments quickly, securely and transparently. World First employs over 500 people across six international offices of London, Amsterdam, Sydney, Austin, Singapore and Hong Kong with plans for further expansion into new countries.
We win lots of awards for our customer service – a few recent ones include #7 on the The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, The Queen's Award 2016, Ruban D’honneur for the European Business Awards for Customer Focus and the UK Customer Experience Awards. Our growth has also placed us on the FinTech 50 and the Investec Hot 100. Basically, we are a company that is going places!
Our success is powered by our people. We are driven and inspired and our workplace reflects that. Our culture is something we protect carefully. We are passionate about what we do. As a World First employee, you are immediately part of a fantastic culture where you are encouraged to work hard and play hard. We like each other and we like our jobs.
Reporting in to the Managing Director, Asia, this role is an opportunity to grow our existing presence in the Singapore market and develop our commercial strategy for continued scalability. It is a new role to World First Asia, demonstrating our rapid growth in the region.
- Accountable for the revenue and EBIT generated by the Singapore office through growth of existing business and identification of new opportunities.
- Working within the parameters of the Global World First Strategy; develop, agree and implement local commercial strategies to maximise the revenue opportunities across all channels.
- Work with our global teams to ensure product is relevant and best-in-class locally.
- Responsibility for development and submission of the Singapore budget/forecasts and accountability for achieving budget and remaining within agreed expenditure targets unless agreed with Managing Director, Asia.
- Work with the regional Compliance team to ensure that WF Singapore is compliant and adheres to the necessary regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for interpreting the MI and providing commentary on the commercial areas which identifies challenges, successes and opportunities for growth, vs budget and other regions.
- Develop action plans to overcome the challenges driven from MI and build upon areas of proven opportunity.
- Build collaborative relationships with key support functions, locally and at Head Office to ensure the success of the Singapore strategy.
- Overall responsibility for growing the Singapore team in a way that is scalable and cost-effective. Responsible for submission of quarterly headcount forecasting and talent planning. Work with the Talent Acquisition team when recruiting key hires to the Singapore team.
- Line management of direct reports, ensuring clear KPIs are set, reports are clear on what expected performance looks like, that KPIs are reviewed regularly and reports are meeting required standards.
- Lead country management meetings - set and circulate the agenda, ensure information is communicated, there is appropriate discussion on agenda items, actions are agreed and followed up.
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience within the FX industry and have a sound understanding of World First’s product offering and position in the Singapore market.
- Be a proven leader; welcomes diverse opinions and perspectives and encourages open and constructive dialogue.
- Be able to generate a compelling sense of common purpose around the World First vision and strategy for achieving it; engages in strategic discussions with their senior team to create a shared understanding.
- Be Self-aware with the ability to collaborate across all levels of seniority and across numerous regional offices.
- Think strategically about their network and how they can leverage it to the benefit of World First; makes powerful connections for people.
- Create innovative business strategy and models to achieve results.
- Analyse the right problems and generates evidence that leads to logical, informed and objective plans and decisions.
- Open, friendly, fun-loving international working environment
- Excellent benefits package including annual performance-based bonus and health cover
- Free breakfast, holiday options, family leave, Volunteer day
Please send us your cover letter together with your CV in Word format.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top