Corporate Sales Manager
This is a new role responsible for driving new business sales efforts of the Corporate Sales team in Sydney, reporting into the Country Manager – Australia. You will be responsible for managing the Corporate Sales team, implementing sales strategy and assisting the team in achieving their own individual targets in order to achieve the team revenue target. The successful applicant needs to demonstrate a strategic mind-set, drive, and great stakeholder management skills, with an ability to deliver results through great management.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsible for driving your teams to achieve their monthly/annual revenue targets as set out by the Country Manager; co-ordinating sales action plans to help individuals achieve their personal targets within this.
- Work with the Country Manager - Australia to formulate the sales strategy for the Corporate Sales desk, including present and highlighting Business Opportunity Cases for change or new opportunities.
- Work with the various departments to support the acquisition channels of sales for the Corporate Sales team.
- Responsible for managing team pipeline, ensuring that both individual and team pipelines are understood and in line with expectation, and reporting MI back to Country Manager when necessary.
- Monitoring the performance of the team and individuals, identifying areas for improvement and managing appropriately.
- Responsible for ensuring you and your team are up to date with the latest products and services to proficiently sell this to the customer, representing World First with the utmost professionalism & integrity.
- Line management of direct reports, ensuring clear KPAs are set, reports are clear on what "expected performance" looks like, the KPAs are reviewed regularly and reports are meeting required standards.
- Working with Learning and Development to plan and direct continued training, identifying individual/team training requirements and mapping out suitable training and development plans.
- Deliver weekly learning sessions with the junior team to increase their knowledge/skills in corporate selling.
- Monthly 1:1s with team, to ensure they know exactly how they are tracking against monthly targets ensuring that any underperformance is managed appropriately with HR.
- Ensuring all new Corporate Sales staff are coached through the sales induction plan and are set clear, measurable goals towards which they can work.
- Assist with the development of sales presentations and proposals when necessary and give coaching to those within the team to perform these tasks themselves.
- Responsible for desk recruitment alongside the Talent Acquisition team, with integral involvement in the interview process and making/contributing to hiring decisions for all sales staff. Identifying the need for both headcount growth and reduction when necessary.
- Drive team morale - ensure team successes are celebrated.
- Responsible for ensuring you and the team are aware of necessary Compliance regulations through effective training and ensure customer complaints are managed/escalated appropriately.
- With Marketing, assist and co-ordinate sales and marketing efforts to corporate clients, driving cost effective marketing programmes through sales involvement.
- Control sales expenses and monitor budgets to ensure that the team is not only profitable but also efficient in its processes.
- Innovate on desk and assume responsibility for the evolution of the sales team.
- Be an experienced manager with exceptional leadership skills; ensuring commitment and drive in their teams and a positive, high energy working environment.
- Have strong experience of developing high performing teams, through appropriate sales strategies, training, performance management and identifying new sales talent.
- Have a proven track record within outbound sales, ideally within corporate FX or Financial Services.
- Ability to drive revenue and achieve significant team targets.
- Ability to think strategically about sales channel improvements, getting buy in from relevant internal stakeholders and working with the Country Manager on Business Opportunity Cases.
- Strong understanding of sales metrics with the ability to identify areas for improvement.
- Customer focus; ensuring the team delivers exceptional client service throughout the sales process.
- Package: Annual salary commensurate with experience, plus bonus and benefits.
- A fun working environment based in Sydney
- An international and talented team of co-workers.
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that World First helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top